ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Operation Failed" on K850i

Had my K850i on o2 since release date and its been faultless... until last week.

Somehow all of my games and apps deleted themselves (including pre-installed). When I go to install them again it just comes up "operation failed".

Ive read forums after forums but none of them seem to come up with the right solution to the problem. Ive run the latest software upgrade and the problem is still there (didnt actually see anything different after the upgrade tbh)

Can anyone help?... Tom!?

thanks, Dan.

Abarth Grande Punto
My other halfs bro had this, he rang up three mobile techys and they sorted it, i think if you master reset then it clears it! His prob was trying to access messages but same error displayed.

ph quick
My k800i is doing the same, the other day i got sent about 8 mms messages and when it was downloading them it kept crashing over over, eventually i worked out it was crashing when connecting to the 3g, so started it up in flight mode deleted a few mms then it worked ok...

Now my games section has 4 copies of one game, 2 of another and it says operation failed... These were games a put on myself but they now have the key next to them so i cant delete and again it says operation failed...

ive tried 2 master resets and installed the latest software twice now.

i don't want to send it away if I can help it, its been a great phone up until now! I've still got my old W810i I can use though...

Yeah this is a common fault.

I sent mine back to O2 and they replaced it.
Atleast you've got another phone you can use in the meantime.

I strongly recommend that you send the phone to them recorded delivery, even although they give you a freepost address.

When i sent mine back for repair i hadn't heard from them in three weeks so i gave them a call, only for them to claim that the phone had never been sent to them and that there was nothing they could do.
Changed their tune when i gave them the Tracking number.
Agent said that phones often get "lost in the warehouse" so recorded delivery is the only way you can prove they actually received it - Ridiculous.
But then, O2 are a ridiculous company, from my experience.
However, they are damn cheap and offer really good deals. Thats the only reason i stay with them.

Only costs like £1.70 anyway.

Best of Luck.

ive had it for about 3 months... will they really replace it for me?

thanks for the advice, I was hoping there was an easier way of resolving it :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Master Reset, Update, Master reset.

if that doesnt work, send it back.

ive had it for about 3 months... will they really replace it for me?

thanks for the advice, I was hoping there was an easier way of resolving it :(

yeah if the above technique doesnt work then they are contractualy obliged to replace/repair it as its still their property until the end of the contract (like HP) and itll come with a 12 month warrenty anyway (with O2 as agents)

If you dont want to be without a phone take it to an O2 shop and they will give you a basic repalcement to get you by.

Master Reset, Update, Master reset.

if that doesnt work, send it back.

will try that exact sequence tonight.

will the pre-installed games and apps come back automatically Tom... they've vanished.

if not, how will I know if its fixed, just comes up "empty folder" at the moment.

I tried installing face warp back on which i found on Esato, and it told me operation failed.