ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on this Private Collection 172 Please

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Another consideration is whether this would be allowed on the Nurburgring as I've read some posts about the wrap around head protection not being allowed.

Thanks
I took my 182 race car over there in 2019 with wrap around head protection. Landed Friday night, did 4 laps without issue. The next day I did another 2 laps, then one guy decided he didn’t like my detachable steering wheel. So I trundled off to sort. He let me do another lap. Then he didn’t like the bonnet pins and insisted i tape those up. He let me do another lap. When I came back he didn’t like my wrap around seats. This was on TF day and my weekend was pretty much over from there in. My own fault really.

884452D6-455D-438D-A4DE-BFE0EC6DAC85.jpeg

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
@mr_glasgow84
Ph1 should be a consideration for sure, not so sure about that example though.
Belts due next year, not been driven much since 2016, big money for a car that looks like it needs some recommissioning work.

Chevrolet Corvette
I took my 182 race car over there in 2019 with wrap around head protection. Landed Friday night, did 4 laps without issue. The next day I did another 2 laps, then one guy decided he didn’t like my detachable steering wheel. So I trundled off to sort. He let me do another lap. Then he didn’t like the bonnet pins and insisted i tape those up. He let me do another lap. When I came back he didn’t like my wrap around seats. This was on TF day and my weekend was pretty much over from there in. My own fault really.

View attachment 1629964
Interesting and great pic!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Original car advert

Service & cambelt. > No mention of auxillary belt kit means it hasnt been done correctly. ( or omitted they done it )

I would hazard a guess timing will potentially be out & a new aux belt kit needed.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
Thanks Daniel.

A pity that it's in Swansea as a bit more planning will be required should I decide to have a closer look.

Is anyone familiar with the seller? Looks like a reputable company that sells quality vehicles to be fair.

i'm only 10 minutes down the road, let me know if you want anyone to take a look at it.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Still lurking guys...what's your thoughts on this one...

Belts need doing at end of year apparently...fair asking price?

I’ve seen this car in the flesh. It's just up the road from where I live (well 10 miles up the road). I didn’t chat to the owner as it was parked up at a retailer outlet, but I had a good glance around the outside and remember thinking wow, what a clean looking car. Obviously I know nothing about the underneath or history.

Chevrolet Corvette
I’ve seen this car in the flesh. It's just up the road from where I live (well 10 miles up the road). I didn’t chat to the owner as it was parked up at a retailer outlet, but I had a good glance around the outside and remember thinking wow, what a clean looking car. Obviously I know nothing about the underneath or history.
Yes, it does look good. New bonnet amd front and rear bumpers resprayed, as well as a suspension overhaul.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, it does look good. New bonnet amd front and rear bumpers resprayed, as well as a suspension overhaul.
Money is strong for a non cup 172 but the clean cars are fetching mad prices. i can’t see it flying out at that money, but I get the impression the seller isn’t in a rush to sell. I was surprised you never bought that Blue 182 in Scotland. The new owner’s on here and it looked a proper car. But equally this looks like the same kind of car. Very, very clean example.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Money is strong for a non cup 172 but the clean cars are fetching mad prices. i can’t see it flying out at that money, but I get the impression the seller isn’t in a rush to sell. I was surprised you never bought that Blue 182 in Scotland. The new owner’s on here and it looked a proper car. But equally this looks like the same kind of car. Very, very clean example.

That was one of the best i’ve seen in a long while that, truly genuine cared for example that car.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The 182 that @Jason_E is currently selling is 100% what you should buy mate. Belts just done and what looks to be a cared for example with no rust.

Just came in here to post the same thing. 😂

Without tooting my own horn too much, I'd agree ;)

If you can find a car thats not been used with low mileage, you may also find out that its not had the correct maintenance. People assume that a low mileage car doesnt need the belts doing, it does. Or that it'll drive amazing, but in reality, you let a car sit and everything rubber will deteriorate, moisture will form in the tabnk and lines (let alone the engine). All this adds up to something that may or may not work for you when you do choose to take it out for a razz.

Personally always prefer a car with some mileage and a really thick service folder. Belts every 5 years regardless of mileage, some sort've regular use and general servicing etc.

Chevrolet Corvette
I actually got that owner down a good bit on price but I wasn't keen on the colour.

Chevrolet Corvette
What colours are you most keen on? I'm always way too fussy when it comes to colour.
I like silver most. Also like the racing blue. Not a fan of black or that particular colour of blue. I mat well wrap whatever I get as I've done that to a Type R previously but will wait and see what pops up!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I recognised the reg, some good info on that Cup in here.

Had the wrong headlights, strange badge positioning on the rear (still looks iffy to me) and some minor engine bay bits missing. Nothing major that’d worry me, just strange for a 21k miler at the time.
Coolant also looks like swamp water if you’re being fussy.