ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Optimax

How much per litre fo Optimax in your area?

83.9p today near me...

Anybody got any cards from the win dream cars competition that they might swap? Maybe we could all post the cards weve got, and swap to win cars?

Think it was 80.9p, still overpriced, but use it anyway!! :(

Got a pile of cards, most of them duplicates...cant be arsed to list them just now, there was an Off Topic post about this a few weeks ago, with lists....

Alfa Mito 155TB

On the optimax card front...i am sure we all have:

anyone got the blue merc clk wheel

or the red BMW M3 car card lol or the z4 car

Sorry if i sound dumb here.... but whats the difference between optimax and normal unleaded n that? & is it worth using it on clios such as the 1.2 16v coz i assume its only used on more powerful & bigger engined cars??

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 17 August 2003
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Sorry if i sound dumb here.... but whats the difference between optimax and normal unleaded n that? & is it worth using it on clios such as the 1.2 16v coz i assume its only used on more powerful & bigger engined cars??

The difference is in RON rating, unleaded is 95 ron, Super Unleaded is 97 ron and Optimax is 98 ron.

There really wouldnt be any difference is putting optimax in your 1.2, the higher octane fuel is usually reserved for higher powered more tuned engines. I put it in my 172 cause it says to fill it with that in the petrol cap.

There really wouldnt be any difference is putting optimax in your 1.2, the higher octane fuel is usually reserved for higher powered more tuned engines. I put it in my 172 cause it says to fill it with that in the petrol cap.

Apart from the cleaning properties.

Paul

Used optimax in my old car and something with the fueling f**ked up ( obviously may not have been due to using optimax ) plus i didnt notice a great deal of difference, so dont use it in the clio.

why is it worth paying the extra?

Subaru WRX

80.9 / Litre In Birmingham City Centre !!

Definatley worth using in a 172. I get more miles and performance out of a tank of Optimax. :D

Its worth using it coz it make a hell of a difference!!!

Try using 95ron in a 172 between 5-7k the powers really flat

using 98ron (optimax) there is a noticable power increase!!

I recon it could make up2 a second difference to 60!!

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

If you use a higher octane fuel (e.g. Optimax compared to normal UL 95 octane) then a couple of advantages are:

* Fuel consumption can increase - fuel is higher octane rating so burns for longer and hence less is used.

* It can help clean out the engine - fuel is burnt for longer and so it helps burn the substances that create the soot in the engine.

* Definitely improves performance of my 172. I paid 79.9 at the Shell in the A5201 (i think) Didsbury. Manchester.

Dave