ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Options or not

Renaultsport Clio 197
Hi all
I am looking to order a new 197 cup, one of the options is the Recaros but I am now having second thoughts as I have heard that they fall apart quite easy is this myth or is there some truth in it all?

Thanks
Loader

P.S does anyone have pics of the carbon effect sideskirts on their 197 as I am keen to have a look at them before I order them.

Thanks
Again

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
The quality of the fake carbon bits are pretty poor. I know someone's going to argue with me, but we had a brand new 197 Cup in and I spend an afternoon taking off the spoiler, sanding the rough black plastic edges (along with the skirts),filling pinholes and dents in the worst peice of genuine parts I've even seen. The spoiler was shocking, considering what I had to do to make it look nice. It also sad both quarters, front wings and both bumpers sprayed as the bumpers were yellowish. Customer wasn't a happy chappy. The front splitter looks nice mind. Not worth the price though.

I have pictures of the quality if you're interested.

edit: The Recaro's were nice though!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Have you sat in the std seats and Recaros?

IMO - I couldn't justify the point in shelling out £850 for a pair of seats that only look better than the std one's.

Renaultsport Clio 197
Hi Msa
I havent actually been in a car with the standard seats believe or not. About a year and half ago I test drove a clio 197 which had Recaros and thought they were great. However if the standard seats are just as good and dont wear as easily then I may spend the money on other options or just pocket it.

Hi SoA2k6 wouldnt mind seeing the pics. How did the spolier and side skirts look after you had worked your magic?

It is these we are talking about yes
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clioaccessories/

I thought the side skirts looked cool.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
No problem. I'll post pictures later and PM you to remind ya. It's mainly of the spoiler and the Cup being resprayed. There's a few pics of the roughness of the black carbon effect plastic though