ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OrigineRS event video

I'm really hoping they do it again next year but like Mark says this event will be huge next year! It's just the perfect venue for this sort of thing.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm really hoping they do it again next year but like Mark says this event will be huge next year! It's just the perfect venue for this sort of thing.

It was a huge success and let's face it any renaultsport fan seeing that video is going to want to be there if it happens again.
But that could be either a blessing or a curse. Goodwood is an exclusive venue by definition and having 1000 chavs turn up a la french car show would no doubt ruin it.

They are going to need to really carefully manage it to make sure it stays the right sort of event to be welcome at somewhere like Goodwood.

It was a huge success and let's face it any renaultsport fan seeing that video is going to want to be there if it happens again.
But that could be either a blessing or a curse. Goodwood is an exclusive venue by definition and having 1000 chavs turn up a la french car show would no doubt ruin it.

They are going to need to really carefully manage it to make sure it stays the right sort of event to be welcome at somewhere like Goodwood.

Just make the entrance fee greater

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Make it expensive.

That will sort the men out from the boys. ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just make the entrance fee greater 

Well it's one option to keep it a little more exclusive I suppose but obviously you don't want to price people right out.

Must confess though that personally I would very happily pay double what it was this time!

That's a very good point Chip. Like you say let's just hope they can manage it in a way to get the enthusiasts in and keep the chavs out. I think it's got the potential to be a real stand out event on the Goodwood calendar if it grows in the right way.

Looked a brilliant day tho. Real credit to the organisers

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
That video editing was sending me to sleep!

Looks like a great event though, and I've always wanted to do Goodwood (It was Goodwood, wasn't it!?)

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
We need to sort something out then, because it's on my bucket list too!

(I also appear to be Clio shopping again!)

Mini GP2
Nice video; great to see such an array of RenaultSport models in one place... a definite must attend event for me next year.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
That video is shocking, just looks like a track day with not a lot going on.

From what people have said though it's not just that, so wouldn't mind going to the next one.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That video is shocking, just looks like a track day with not a lot going on.

From what people have said though it's not just that, so wouldn't mind going to the next one.

It is just that, its just:
some cars parked up
some people talking
some people on track

NOTHING else happened, no tacky entertainment, no fireworks, just people and cars and thats all mate.

If you dont like the things you see on the video which are:
chatting to people
looking at cars parked up
looking at cars on track
driving on track

there is nothing for you there, oh other than some nice flowers and the odd statue I guess.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
It is just that, its just:
some cars parked up
some people talking
some people on track

NOTHING else happened, no tacky entertainment, no fireworks, just people and cars and thats all mate.

If you dont like the things you see on the video which are:
chatting to people
looking at cars parked up
looking at cars on track
driving on track

there is nothing for you there, oh other than some nice flowers and the odd statue I guess.

It didn't look like any chatting going on. I love going to track days (not even on track) because everyone wants to chat and is happy to talk about their car etc. This just looked a little lacking in any social aspect, but then it didn't show anything of anyone walking around with all the cars parked up on show.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It didn't look like any chatting going on. I love going to track days (not even on track) because everyone wants to chat and is happy to talk about their car etc. This just looked a little lacking in any social aspect, but then it didn't show anything of anyone walking around with all the cars parked up on show.

Its got music over it and most of the times you see a person in the film its a still, so I dont really see quite what you are expecting the film to show in the way of chatting, but personally I didnt see anyone stood around not really chatting much, they were either driving, or they were chatting generally, there wasnt a line of 300 people stood in silence if that is the impression you have somehow weirdly got.
The chat is down to you to control really though mate, its not an organised part of the program of events, you just walk up to people and chat whenever you want, and in my case I found I had a 100% hit rate with them chatting back, so I am sure you will too if you go.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
i was supposed to be coming to this in my mk1 5 lecar 2 turbo but it was my birthday and celebrations were on, looks like a good turn out with some special cars in attendance

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Should have had some track time in your car for your birthday.

Some sessions there were as few as three or four cars on a 2.5 mile circuit so it was the ideal trackday for a cherished car that wouldn't normally get used on track. As you could go at your own pace and not be in anyone's way or worried anyone would hit you.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Agree on the editing, but still some very cool machinery on show.
Was this a kind of one time event? I was under the impression / seemed to come across as an annual thing. ( I am being lazy havent bothered to google it)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Agree on the editing, but still some very cool machinery on show.
Was this a kind of one time event? I was under the impression / seemed to come across as an annual thing. ( I am being lazy havent bothered to google it)

Only one so far, but with the intention of becoming an annual event.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Thanks for posting this quick video Chip. It was quickly put together by one of the drivers on Sunday morning. So until we get something more official together, I'm very grateful he sent us this.

Thank you to everyone that was able to attend! Great to put some names to faces. :)

May I ask all of you not to be drawn into a comparison debate about Origine RS and CSS. It was very unfortunate they were on the same day, but both events had committed too much to be able to change dates.

Many thanks

Shaun