ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ouch new tyre time :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i think we have already established its not actually camber related

would be simples if it was

Can't be arsed reading everything (shoot me) but big camber on a road car is a mugs game. Did it cause the tyre wear and/or the bearing failure? We'll never know. Sort the camber out and raise it up 50mm. It's a road car.

Nice rims BTW. Mike needs those on his wardrobe. Even though he doesn't.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
roy.. that isnt big camber lol! it has some camber but not masses! and running camber on a road car isnt a bad thing! like i said im pretty sure that with be rear toe probs... to much toe in i would say.

i bet your toe is out on the rear... looking at the rubber that wouldnt just be down to camber, i have ran 10-15k on 18's 9.5" wide on nearly 2 degrees neg camber on the front (thats alot lol) however running with toe out it will chew rubber easy!

oh and my best for brand spanking rubber was 200 miles :) i got angry one night and went to play in my 200 came back with the rubber down below the canvas to the metal cords slapping round the inside of the arch as they started to delaminate...

Hero.

98 Audi S4, 67 VW Beetle
Got to laugh at how many people dont read through a whole thread before posting their (often flawed) opinions :)
1st pic looks like loads of camber. 2nd shows its actually not that much.
As has been stated there is something else out thats causing it, Laura even said its not the same on the other side...

And as for the raise it 50mm comment... she bought a TT, not an F150..

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Raising it 50mm I'd rather chew my own foot off tbh,make no difference to the tyre wear will just make it look less awesome... All my opinion of course but hey guess what it's my car so I can do what I like mwhaha

Turbos.
It is the toe angle, not the camber. Used to get it on the NSX, straight out of the factory you'd be through the the canvas in 4k. Made for an entertaining journey in the wet!

The toe angle means your tyres are in effect always turning, and as a consequence, scrubbing. On a car like an NSX this meant the car was more predictable on the limit, but in your case it is just misalignment (or lack of alignment in the first place!).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How do you know it has nothing to do with camber/toe settings?

Better than yours. C*nt.
She's obviously had it on a 4WA machine to check the camber and that's not out.

Oh, wait, no, she's decided it's probably toe related (which yes, it's probably exacerbating the situation!) so it's suddenly not cmaber.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
because the other rear is fine and they both have equal amounts of camber, as said a number of times im not running much more than a few other members.

it must be toe related

Better than yours. C*nt.
Your eyes can tell this obviously.

My toe was a country mile out (6 degrees toe-in on the OSR) on the S4 and it didn't do that. Fred saw it from 10 feet away! There's probably more going than just that.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
this is a years worth of wear tho. meh will see

expensive month for a la TT

needs a brake cluid change too

roy.. that isnt big camber lol! it has some camber but not masses! and running camber on a road car isnt a bad thing! like i said im pretty sure that with be rear toe probs... to much toe in i would say.

Fair enough. I suppose what I really meant was that running anything other than standard is asking for increased wear and stress. I'm no expert though so I concede I'm probably wrong.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Deja vu?

Didn't you promise to not talk about the TT again?

Raising it 50mm I'd rather chew my own foot off tbh,make no difference to the tyre wear will just make it look less awesome... All my opinion of course but hey guess what it's my car so I can do what I like mwhaha

Sure. I didn't say you had to care about my opinion :eek:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Never had a car where ive had to replace tyres haha

TT is the longest ive owned a car now i think haha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yes ... no

im a manic depressant... need to put haha on everything so people dont clock on that im about to top myself

:p

been looking at new cars, fancy an a4 cabrio :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol i love the way people love to comment on lauras posts and pick on her, pretty much everything she does you all b**ch about it, jesus christ you must all be either bored or have serious issues lol its always the same ones... and no way am i standing up for her i dont know the girl but its just boring...

people run massive camber and dont get wear issues like that, yet all you internet tyre technicians have all concluded it was camber... i said it was toe and still people carried on that it was camber, then someone like englebert comes and says the same and still no one even accepts they were wrong with the whole camber s**t lol, englebert knows more about cars and racing there for handling etc that pretty much 90% of the people on here lol...

lol i love the way people love to comment on lauras posts and pick on her, pretty much everything she does you all b**ch about it, jesus christ you must all be either bored or have serious issues lol its always the same ones... and no way am i standing up for her i dont know the girl but its just boring....

you referring to me?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
no lol? i was referring to everyone that was going oh we told you this and that... its camber, its camber, too much camber, to low... LOL! no its nothing to do with camber!

aye, you know that better than anyone though, everyones a renault tech on ere! ;)

she does get alot of stick, but at the same time she baits it... dont ya Turner ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thanks malice :)

but dont worry im a tough skinned little thing...else i wouldnt keep coming back for more lol

new tyre now here wed, ordered all my service bits too :Djust need the oil

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
no lol? i was referring to everyone that was going oh we told you this and that... its camber, its camber, too much camber, to low... LOL! no its nothing to do with camber!

just looking a that, i'd say its a few degree toe out on that side, camber wont be helping things but 4 wheel tracking should sort it.