ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outer CV joints

RenaultSport cup172 TT309
I know this might be a silly question, (obvious answer) but are the OUTER cv joints the same on both the o/s and n/s ?
Can i fit a n/s (outer) joint on to a o/s driveshaft ?
(Mk2 172)

My o/s cv joint is knackered. The ball bearing carrier cage has smashed, but the rest of the driveshaft's ok. (I'll explain later how n why, if you're intrested)
I can't see a o/s shaft for sale (used) only a n/s, thought i could use the joint off one of them ?
I'm skint to say the least, just been made redundant, last week. Merry Christmas eh ?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
im sure they will be the same outer joint used on both sides.only thing that might be diffrent is the number of teeth on the abs ring.

Real men dont need abs !! lol lol

Its a 172 cup,without ABS.

Thanks, i think i'll give it ago unless a o/s shaft comes up soon.

Lionel Richie
i'm 99% sure you can't buy a CV joint for them, only a driveshaft (i just replace the driveshaft anyway, saves fooking about)

i'm 99% sure you can't buy a CV joint for them, only a driveshaft (i just replace the driveshaft anyway, saves fooking about)

I agree 100%. But like i said i'm not far off broke ! Think i'll give it a couple more weeks n see if a used o/s one comes up.:(

Lionel Richie
i've got quite a few kicking about, but IIRC the cup has a different o/s shaft to a normal one, i'll have a check