ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Over fender appreciation thread...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
they are indeed bubble style rivet on ones, like you see in most of the pics in this thread, i will be offering them up / taping them in place to see how they look

as mentioned previously if they don't look right they won't be going on...

alien green rs133
surely this counts???

cfs_844_1_big.jpg

ragnottir5maxiturbofm4.jpg

clio_maxi.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
They are flared arches, not over-fenders

exactly

I'll be amazed if universal bubble arches look right without plenty of work. You'll be one lucky bugger if they do.

i know this.... as mentioned previously the car is kept at my friends work unit, he is a panel beater/sprayer and his brother (in the same unit) is a mechanic, so we have all the right components..... we shalt see

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

to satisfy you... and to show the whole reason i initally started this thread,

possibly the first proper clio on proper over-fenders???.... but it turns out that is for a good reason.

This was for several reasons (but i can't be bothered to explain at the moment, check the project if you care), i received the over-fenders a few weeks ago but with other bits going on, then the snow i only managed to get them mocked up today, see below.

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

The over-fenders are universal, and really the only aftermarket type of thing you can get, i was a little bit dubious of the size when i got them, and then offered them up to a 19" wheel we had in the office (which they fitted relatively well). I always said that if it didn't look right it wouldn't happen and i would have to look at some other way around the issues i may soon have.

Needless to say, i think i will be posting these back.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
get a bodyshop to make them fit the shape of the arches? i think with a wider track front and rear and a splitter and rear difuser poking out as wide as the arches it could work

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
not a fan of the overfenders on the clio. tbh, that car looked so perfect when i saw it at BTM. shame tbh.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
With the right wheels and drop,that could look quite good...
I agree, the fronts aren't too far off, would need alot more work on the rears though
get a bodyshop to make them fit the shape of the arches? i think with a wider track front and rear and a splitter and rear difuser poking out as wide as the arches it could work
Agreed that could look amazing, think the extensive work would be worth it IMO

the car had to be wound back up to put the wheels on, the thing is you see is these wheel fitted when they had stretched tyres on, the tyres pulled in and tucked up nicely under the arches, that was fine as they were only kind of showy wheels, however now i am going alot more useable and chuckable with the car i have fitted tyres that fit properly so they have a nice straight sidewall, this is where the problem could possibly lie, when the car would be wound back down i am 100% sure the new straight sidewall would cause the tyre to hit the arch. With the over-fenders this would give a shead load of clearance.

They would of course be spaced out to fit (giving me a nice wider track anyways) but i needed to have a visual of the fenders sat on the car anyways.
Adey, the car is kept at a good mate of mine who runs Kolorbox Automotive Refinishing (a bodyshop) when we were both stood there looking at it we couldn't believe how bad it looked and he said it would take a bucket load of effort to get them looking right, i think when you start off thinking that then its not right in the first place and it shouldn't work.

Have you thought about shaved/pulled rear arches like the VAG boys?

the fronts, were the problem will be, are plastic so i am unsure what we can do there, the rears however are ok but i may be looking into this anyways, thanks

not a fan of the overfenders on the clio. tbh, that car looked so perfect when i saw it at BTM. shame tbh.

Clart the car hasn't changed that much at all mate, infact its pretty much the same just with everything removed, check out my project thread chap to see the way its going

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Not as wide as some, but I really like this....won't be sold in the UK though.

006_770_thumb1.jpg

004_7703.jpg

005_7703.jpg

MERCEDES CLS AMG
1.8 T ( 2.1 now ) 4wd - TT transmission / propshaft and Golf Rallye rear )
AGU head - extensively modified
Steel billet crank
J & E pistons
Wosner rods
DTA management
GT40 Blower
200 shot of gas with digimax progressive controller
Car built from scratch using an "81" storm

We picked the car up back in 2001 from Manchester - cost £600 and was totally original bar the engine which had been fitted with a 1.6 8v unit. It was a real mess but it was road legal and MOT'd.