ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

overheating prob

1.8 16v clio
hello all
having trouble with my valver runs fine down motorway no probs around town fine to but get stuck in traffic seriously overheats any ideas ?:S

Sounds like the rad fan isnt kicking in, might be worth letting the engine idle and look under the bonnet to see if its coming on.

a thirsty one
poss thermostat problem? or maybe if your rads a bit old and started to rot inside. how long has it been on?

They all over heat a bit there old parts wear best thing is a new rad and coolent chnage etc and a bigger fan otherwise the cheap fixes are check the fins check its topped up with fluid use new ecient fluid and when it gets hot stick the internal fan on hot and fun blower.

But check the throstat is working properly as well might not be opening depends how abd the overheating is.

1.8 16v clio
ok will check my mate who owns garage says the engine is 2.0l not 1.8 he put it in would this make a diffrence to the heating ? basically will the colling bits that are there but suitable for 2.ol engine ??????

1.8 16v clio
are they easy to fit and available ?
i am trying to get it back to standard so while im dooing the other bits may aswell do rad and fan