ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oxygen sensor resistance question

Clio 1.2
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
Does anyone know what reading the rear oxygen sensor should have? This is the one at the rear of the cat.
Basically, I’m getting a mil light based on the oxygen sensor. I’m wondering if I can possibly insert a resistor across the pins to fool the system into thinking all is as it should be, so I can get my car through it’s mot!
It’s only going to be a temporary fix until I can sort it out properly, but I need my car on the road in the meanwhile.
I know I can put a resistor across the temperature sensor side, but it’s the oxygen sensor I need to fix.
Has anyone any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2
I forgot to mention, the previous owner must have had this job done before, but whoever did it cut the connector off the loom side so I’ve got to get hold of a replacement connector & work out the connections.