ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAL WII/PS3 play US games?

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
PAL WII/PS3 play US games?

just wondering as im going USA in 2/3weeks and i have a PAL WII and will have a PAL PS3 will the games work. are the consoles region free?

o and does anyone know any shops in the US i can look up on the net to see the prices.

The PS3 games/blu-ray films are not regionally coded but DVD's and PS2 UK games wont work on a US PS3.

I paid about $670 for a PS3 back in December, brought it back and sold it for £600, but they be worth anywhere near that now as the UK ones are released shortly.

Try;

www.bestbuy.com

US Wii def won't work with UK games.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
i was asking about US the games working on pal systems... but i think the ps3US games will now, jus need 100% confirmation

dk

911 GTS Cab
The PS3 games/blu-ray films are not regionally coded but DVD's and PS2 UK games wont work on a US PS3.

I paid about $670 for a PS3 back in December, brought it back and sold it for £600, but they be worth anywhere near that now as the UK ones are released shortly.

Try;

www.bestbuy.com

US Wii def won't work with UK games.
thats not quite right, although games are region free, Blu-ray discs are not really.

There are some studios not using region coding, there are some that are, some are saying they are but they aren't and some are region encoding their new titles but not their catalogue titles.

To make sure use this helpful website which shows which are and which aren't and evern of they are if they still play on the region B (europe) machines.

http://bluray.lindsite.dk/