ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Palm Pre

Astra Bertone Coupe
What's everyones thoughts on this ? It looks like it could definitely be an iPhone beater !

[youtube]ICoNag4i7WA[/youtube]

'52 clio 1.2 16V
The only thing i can see from that voideo that is any better than my HTC Hero is the speed it switches from landscape to portrait. The 'cards' for currently running apps is a good idea but nothing that couldn't be built into an app for android or iphone.

What a dreadful review. No mention of the iPhones iPod capabilities, compas and maps, not to mention the best thing about the iPhone; the app store.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Palm pre is good, but limited in terms of apps.

It also syncs with itunes, which Apple are trying to stop for obvious reasons.

SLK 350
^No it doesn't.

It has in the past, but Apple won a dispute last week. The last 2 updates of WebOS haven't featured iTunes sync.

Pretty certain Apple will throw every resource they can at stopping them, it's their crown jewel.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
pmsl...or a real media player....

itunes is so bloated is makes adobe look like good coders. pff i'll leave you to itunes

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Just played with one for a good ten minutes. Awesome OS from what i can see, intuative and works quite speedly, first phone i would say is as good as the iphone in regard to the touchscreen.

Reason i didn't buy it : build quality. Just felt cheap. Such a shame.

330ci sport
Agree with above,

Feels very cheap which is a shame because I was going to get one, doesn't feel like it will last.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm sure v2 will improve on the build quality whenever it is released. The OS looks promising.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Anyone got one?

I used my first GSM one on sat, its a clunky badly built mess.
The OS is even worse than i remember.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Anyone got one?

I used my first GSM one on sat, its a clunky badly built mess.
The OS is even worse than i remember.

thought the OS wasn't that bad actually, thought the hardware let it down the most.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Well it turns out...after along wait, i could myself one to play with for the next month or so...had it two days and just fallen in love with it. The keyboard you actually get used to, sure it feels a bit cheap but the OS is brilliant. Really is, its responsive and the multitasking is great. The apps are shite is has to be said...or more specifically there are none :/

But still, i love the form factor of it, fits nicely in your palm ;) so easy to use and the touchstone charging thing is just a pleasure.

I've come from using a htc hero to this and i must say, i was getting v fed up with the hero's speed. I miss some of the apps of it but overall, i prefer the pre. Build quality is definitely dubious, but i think a couple of generations down the line it really will be an iphone killer. The touchscreen is as good as iphone, much more responsive than the hero.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I like the Pre but I think the Android handsets show more potential as future iPhone killers but then I'm sure Apple will have a answer for both Android and the Pre.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
agree, just need to get android 2 on a snapdragon proc to use it's potential i think.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If the 4th gen iPhone does not impress me then I imagine I'll be buying a Android 2 handset instead.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
same here, mate i have a lot of hopes for it though, they better change the look of it for 4th gen, if it's red go faster stripes on the back with a better camera, @ £600 i'll never go apple again!!!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
My brother got a Palm Pre for a christmas present! They really are a nice phone, certainly a tough competitor for the iPhone which is great to see in my opinion!