ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

panasonic 3do

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
anyone got/had one?

I remember playing my on my friends years ago, road rash and need for speed, and it was amazing!

I am tempted to buy one of ebay as they seem quite cheap. But there are also various different types of 3do... which one is best?

Plus i can't seem to find any decent websites about them or stills of road rash/need for speed. anyone help?

What should i be paying for a system with the above two games?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It was a toss-up between that and the Atari Jaguar for me. As it turned out, I got neither and stuck with my Amiga.

I did get an Atari Lynx though. Still got it and it works! :)

D.

Lee

BMW M2C
I remember when I met R J Michael who designed a lot of the 3DO chipset, amazing bloke. He also did a lot of the work on the Amiga. Having an Amiga and being a massive fan of it I was really impressed to meet him.

When I worked at Elite we developed a couple f**king awful games for the 3DO.

Best game on the 3DO for me was Need For Speed.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i loved road rash as iirc it had real music during the game and i loved the fact you could buy your own motorbike!!!!

Do you reckon road rash and nsf will still be playable today? or will they be poo?

Lee

BMW M2C
The problem with old games is you remember them fondly, but if you play them today realise they are actually shite. lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i totally know what you mean. lol i still reckon i'll buy one anyway somepoint. I'll prob play it for a few days then leave it!

Lee

BMW M2C
We used to use the 3DOs for one of two things in the office, one was a door stop, the other was a CD player as it put up nice colourful paterns on the TV.