ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

panoramic shots

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Picture1.gif

dead quick, real poor effort lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
if you'd spent a bit more time getting all the brightness/contrast similar it would look 100 times better

D

dick

panoramicobersvatitymedaw3.jpg

think that the only1 ive ever done.
can see a few marks in the sky, but what can i say, was a first go!

dont think i did it in manual, but i was new then, lesson learned :)

Cupra
AE lock...... it would have saved you there as it maintains the same exposure for each shot. The sky would have stayed the same colour throughout the range of photos.

As dick says, manual would have had the same effect.

D

dick

actually, maybe i did it in manual, but i had a cheap filter on... bah i dunno.

or maybe it just vignettes... hmm

Last edited by a moderator:
make it b&w with a lil bit of noise and it could work really well imo. Always remember a panoramic photo at my grandparents house made up of 3 photos which had different exposures like that, looked brilliant though because it was so old!

silver valver/hybrid
search for a program called autostitch, it's free it's quite good at creating the panoramics for you

Clio Sport 172
Dick thats an awsome effort. Photoshop it too get the lines that you can see and it will be ace!

Anyone ever tried a HDR effect on a panoramic shot? Who's upto the challenge?

Dick thats an awsome effort. Photoshop it too get the lines that you can see and it will be ace!

Anyone ever tried a HDR effect on a panoramic shot? Who's upto the challenge?

yawn

Why does eveyone on here think HDR is the be all and end all of good photography?

HDR Panoramic is just as easy to do as normal hdr

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I teach Pans for work.....never use any "AUTO" stitching software to be honest, manual everytime.
Used to teach it 10 years ago when you had no Digital software and everything was sellotaped together by hand......showing my age now!!!
We also use HDR pan for nightime work....but Duckeatspork is right, people are thinking HDR is the Bee's.

When in fact it is taking away the skills of lighting the subject correclty etc etc, it is fun to use granted that.....but if you read up on old Ansel....he never used it and boy does he capture details that even HDR COULD NOT EVEN CAPTURE WITH TODAYS TECHNOLOGIES

LY 182 FF CUPPED
WHAT???

Laura if you email the originals I will stick them together and see how they look..

POWERPOINT ha ha ha

top of the pyramid
I teach Pans for work.....never use any "AUTO" stitching software to be honest, manual everytime.
Used to teach it 10 years ago when you had no Digital software and everything was sellotaped together by hand......showing my age now!!!
We also use HDR pan for nightime work....but Duckeatspork is right, people are thinking HDR is the Bee's.

When in fact it is taking away the skills of lighting the subject correclty etc etc, it is fun to use granted that.....but if you read up on old Ansel....he never used it and boy does he capture details that even HDR COULD NOT EVEN CAPTURE WITH TODAYS TECHNOLOGIES

Who do you work for buddy?

The last pic by LEEDS VTO is great, really liking it :cool:

panoramicobersvatitymedaw3.jpg

think that the only1 ive ever done.
can see a few marks in the sky, but what can i say, was a first go!

dont think i did it in manual, but i was new then, lesson learned :)

I think that's a damm good effort for a first go, nice one :)

Megane Mk4
I did this when I went to Wales last year, did it as part of my photoshop course. - 7 photo's into one, taken with a standard 5 MegaPixel Sony Cybershot digital point and shoot camera on a tripod, then made into a black and white image as it was easier to match up and get the different shading right in each of the different images .. (click the image to view the original image size at 5166x775 pixels - file size 868.55 kB (889398 bytes))

714e9bf5.jpg

that LG viewty is brilliant at these :) had a pic of me in her grans house at xmas in three different positions lol

im gonna give this a try over the weekend with the d40 :)

B

Brown.

The Queen in a roundabout kinda way.

Why dont you just tell us, stop making silly little riddles, no one cares unless its a crappy little firm which your trying to make sound better then it is with comments like the above !!

Cupra
If you read between the lines on some of the threads on here it is fairly easy to guess.

You cant be too careful with what you post on the internet, a guy I work with almost got fired for posting a comment on youtube... his comment had a hint of inside info in it and via a couple of security services, ended up on the bosses desk.....

LY 182 FF CUPPED
We actually get checked from time to time....most of the "social networking" sites are monitored daily, yes you know I am Military...but thats all you need to know.

Anyway its detracting from the thread....so hush

Walescoast2-vi.jpg

Heres one I took in wales last year, 3 seperate shots auto merged with photoshop, then cut and pasted to get a clean edge

Seat Ibiza FR
A few i done last year:

Looking over Southampton.
panoborder2.jpg

Weston shore/Southampton water.
sunsetpanoramaborder2.jpg

Something a bit different:

Weston shore/Southampton water
panoborder.jpg