ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

parking tickets

depends where u got it, if u parked on a yellow line and its not closed at the end, thats counts as an illegal line and sum people have got off from it-read bout it in papers

I got a complement for my parking the other day, i came back to my car and someone had stuck a sticker on my window saying "parking fine", which was nice.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

I got a parking ticket and i wrote a letter saying how disgustid a was and they let me off.

I will post the letter later.

Heh, My mate used to park in this private car park.. got about 5 notes saying "Dont park here".. then a fake parking ticket.. so he thought hed be ok..

Then he got clamped for real and had to pay to get it removed - he dont park there anymore.

Heh.

Daz.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I used to get at least 1 "your are parked illegally" sticker on my window every day from the security in my work.

Thing is I left my parking space cause I was going to another campus on work business, so I didnt give a sh*t, eventually it started getting to me though so I went to see head of security (ooh what a title) and told him if he or any other member of staff puts any more stickers on my car that I have consulted with my lawyer and he stated that I can call the police and report them for vandilism and it would be them personally that get fined.. not my work.

never had a ticket since.. (the have now blocked off the bit I used to park in though hehe)

At uni we used to get big stickers put on the side windows that they spent ages sticking down so there were no air bubbles and they were a right mailto:b@!#&$d">b@!#&$d to get off. Sometimes it was funny seeing some of the cars that parked there every day with both front windows completely covered and then the back ones started on!!!

They should have threatened them with a 20 quid fine, never been there again, 20 quids 2 weeks money for going to the student union!!

COMPLAIN! Type up some bullsh*t and send it to them. I figure they have no time to deal with all disputes and just let you off. Out of me and three of my mates, we have got away with at least 10 parking tickets!

BLAHBLAH I WAS BACK IN TIME BLAHBLAHBLAH WARDEN WAS V.RUDE BLAHBLAHBLAH!!!

Mr2 Roadster

I got one for being in a loading bay two weeks ago. It was a 20 mins loading bay on a red route. I went into the shop to pick up my tropical fish, all of 10 mins and came out to see a ticket...

Its a fecker though as it was issued by the police, so I either pay £60 or go to court. You cant appeal these ones!

So Im off to court to argue that I was loading...

They will no doubt tell me that I didnt have my boot open and that doesnt constitute loading, I will point out that I was in Lewisham and had I have left my boot open I may have well as given the car away. I was lucky it wasnt nicked in the minutes it was there locked. (if you have ever been to Lewisham, youd understand).

Anyone got any helpful ideas...?

Megane R26

I got a ticket some time back, saw the Warden writing it and drove off before he put it on the car.

Ticket came a week later in the post :cry:

It is supposed to be an accurate document, e.g. if date is wrong you havent commited the stated offence. The ticket cited that I was parked on Lane behind ******* Street. Now I thought I could get off this one since there are MANY lanes behind the street in question so where exactly was I parked? Wrote away to complain and got a standard letter back stating if I didnt pay I should arrange a date with the Courts....

so u dont think i could blag it? ie my car broke down...or i had to park as close to the doctors as i could so my gran didnt have to walk as far but there were no spaces in the car park(i was at the doctors). something like that??

BMW 320d Sport

They always bluff you and if you dont see it through to court you will pay. Its standard policy that they dont bother with complaints until it gets to court or the independent parking adjudicators. From their point of view, it makes sense to try and force people to pay the money even if they have a valid case, because so few ever want to take it further, assuming the council or police know better than they do.

At any one time Ive usually got 5 or 6 parking tickets all in the works clogging up their system in the appeals process. These are the disputed tickets Ive got at the moment:

2x ticket never received where I am claiming that they have completely made them up and never even saw my car

2x mistaken identity - they messed up and put down a wrong detail of my car like the wrong colour

2x loading and they cant prove otherwise, whereas I can show documentation that I had a valid reason to be there.

BTW loading does not have to be continuous nor is there a time limit, that is a lie made up by local councils to con people. I had a loading ticket disputed by the council and the adjudicator ruled in my favour that there is NOTHING in law that says I must be contiuously going back and forth, or leave my boot open, or EVEN have hazards on. I showed a delivery note for a number of items that needed collection from the back room before I could put them into my car and that validated my 15 minute stay on the double yellowed pavement. TOO BAD, SOUTHEND BOROUGH COUNCIL! SUCKERSSSSS!

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Ill tell you what gets me, those bloody boy racers with supped up cars outside University premises with bloody disabled badges and no parking ticket in site. Gets on my tits, you know they are scamming the system, grrrrrr :mad:

Golf GTTDI 130PD

LIKE A GOLF VR6 I SEE EVERY DAY ON THE WAY TO WORK.

BTW,IF mailto:YOU@RE"> YOU RE IN A LONDON BROUGH FORGET TRYING TO FIND A LOOP.

I GOT A TICKET FOR PARKING OUTSIDE MY FLAT BECAUSE SOMEONE STOLE MY SPACE AND I WAS PARTIALLY ON THE PAVEMENT WITH SURROUNDING YELLOW LINE.