ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parrot handsfree causing immobiliser to play up?

Ph1 Non Sport
Hi guys I recently fitted a parrot mki9200 into my ph1 1.4 Clio. It all works fine but have noticed since installing it my immobiliser has been playing up.
Basically the light will flash and won't start up. I have to take key out and lock it and unlock and try again etc to solve it. (followed advice from another thread about immobiliser issue to resolve)
I haven't turned the parrot on for a couple of days and haven't had this problem, so it clearly is the parrot that causing the problem.
Does anybody know what to do / what I've done wrong etc?

Any help would be appreciated as I would like it all to work with no issues!

Tom

Ph1 Non Sport
Just plugged it all straight in, didn't cut or tamper with any other wires other than the stereo ones

Tom

Megane dci 130
Pure co incidence i think. Theres no way the radio loom connects to the immob circuit.

Keys are a common failure on your age clio. Try your spare key.

Ph1 Non Sport
Yeah a big coincidence if it is!!
Would I have disturbed anything by putting the microphone by the interior mirror and tucking cable into the roof lining? Only other thing I can think of? That or a fuse or something ( I have no idea about immobilisers so forgive the stupidness!)
Just strange how when screen is connected it fails to start and when it isn't connected it seems to be fine!

Will dig out the spare key. Don't think it's a remote one though. Will look when I get home. The cars getting on my tits now!

A.N. Other
FWIW, i've got the blue box on mine tucked behind the passenger footwell RHS kickplate, and the microphone to the RHS of the mirror, stuck to the window, and I don't have any problems. The wiring loom is under the stereo & just goes straight to the control box.

Where did you put the screen? I put the wire through the back of the glove box & the mount is stuck to the dash with a sticky pad just above the stereo.

Ph1 Non Sport
Yeah mine is wired pretty much the same with microphone wire running along drivers corner pillar and to the stereo. The screen is just to the left of the rev counter.

Thing is it randomly did it again on Saturday but only the once. The first time since I stopped plugging the handsfree in. Really confused!

A.N. Other
Regarding the parrot device, all you can do is recheck the wiring looms and make sure you haven't nipped/squashed any other wires whilst pulling things apart/putting them back together.

Ph1 Non Sport
Right ok, without sounding stupid what should I do? Take it to a garage? Would they be able to fix it? Sorry for being retarded.

A.N. Other
Disconnect the parrot device from the headunit wiring loom, and reconnect the HU alone to it. Try that for a while (say a fortnight?), see if the problem re-occurs.
When you're putting the wiring back to normal, check all visible wiring & connectors/crimps, to make sure you've not damaged anything or squashed a wire, etc. However, you might have squashed one and caused it to break within the insulation, hopefully you'll be able to see any problem though.

If you need help you'll need an auto-electrician though, not a garage mechanic. If you were closer i'd help, but Worcs. is a couple hours away.