ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Part 1 Of ICE System - Opinions Plz!

Alpine CDA-7893R Head Unit
£240 LetsBuyCarAudio

MB-Quart RSD213 Component Speakers
£119 Bass Junkies

Alpine V12 MRV-F307 Amp
£165 Bass Junkies

Im gonna get a 15" Kicker Sub & Directed Audio Amp in the future, but this is all I can afford at the moment. What do people think, will it be alright for now. Also what about the prices - can I get them cheaper anywhere else?

sounds like a fairly decent start.

i wouldnt recommend a 15inch sub, its just crazy.

get a 10 or 12, for better advice look at www.caraudiodirect.com/forum

Sounds good. The MB Quart components will sound nice on an amp. Theres not much point going for components if you are running them off the headunit.

I agree with the 15" sub statement. I would say go for a 12" to be honest. 15" is only worth going for if you are going to be competing in SPL competitions. They simply arent fast enough for listening to music with. I would go for a directed or Rockford sub to go with the Directed amp. That will sound nice.

Just out of interest, I dont suppose you rang me the other day about a price for the Alpine Headunit did you?

Russ
Evil ICE Car Audio

i disagree about not geiin a 15
ive got 2 and they sound mint, they do indeed struggle on the really punchy bass but got rand b etc they sound mint

well i fcuked that up lol
get the right 15s and they can deal with most things apart from really punchy bass, mine struggle on this but thats partly because my amps aint powerful enough.

i lisen to everything from rnb to garage o the beatles and the 2 15s do my proud.

depends on ya music really

Silver Fabia vRS

I just bought a Rockford Fosgate Punch Z 12" Sub, Enclosure, Punch 150S Amp and wiring kit from Car Audio Direct for £230 delivered.

Am in the process of starting a boot install so hopefully it will be finished in the next few weeks.

Correct me if im wrong but i think that model is the Dual 2Ohm version. If that is the case then you will need to get a fairly large amp that is 1ohm stable to get it moving properly. The make of amp you go for depends on what sort of sound you are looking for. If you want fairly good SQ with good SPL you could go for the Rockford 500.1 or the 1000.1. Also the Directed Audio 1100d is a good buy for the money. For more SQ based stuff i would recommend going for one of the new Alpine Class D amps or a large Kicker amp.

The 12" L7 is a good choice for the type of music you listen to. I would say 12"is the biggest you wantt o go for really..maybe a decent 10" sub with lots of power put through it would be more appropriate.

Hope this helps

Russ
Evil Ice Car Audio

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

remember the alpine headunit is 4x60watt so u will nead a seperate powerlead running from your battery, evil it was me that phoned u

im gonna be wanting a new amp and subs soon so u will have anouther call from me regarding that in the next few months

MaLicE

oh ok mate..sounds good to me. How did you get on with finding the Alpine headunit and how much did you get it for? Sorry if i sounded a bit rushed on the phone but i was right in the middle of something when you called.
Let me know when you are after some more stuff.

By the way, just to let everyone know. plans are being put into place for a stand at next years French Car Day at Avon Raceway where there will be approximately £10000 worth of stock at ridiculously low prices. And the Evil ICE Clio will be there for all to hear...Hope to see you all there.

Oh and away from Car Audio. We are now selling computer components and full systems at seriously low prices (some prices going on website shortly). If you would like a quote for anything please e-mail us at evil_iceuk@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Russ