ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS Fluid leak under switch

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
Hi. I have figured out that my 172 cup is losing a fair bit of fluid from, I think, just under the PAS switch sensor. I look the sensor off and tightened it back on again, but it still leaking. I'm wondering if this is a common problem with the switches? It seems weird to me that it could leak through the switch itself as its obviously a metal thread. So if its not the switch I guess the pipe just below might have corroded.
Anyone have any experience of fluid leak around or from the switch itself? i've seen people talking about replacing the switch but cant find anyone then going onto say that replacing the switch has stopped a leak.
cheers

I’ve had the plastic in the pressure switch crack before and weep down. For what they cost just throw one on.

29ACC6C5-E870-4AE6-9F53-EA18F98459A8.jpeg

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
many thanks. It definitely seems to be coming from the switch. I;ll keep my fingers crossed and chuck one on..would save a lot of work if it is the switch! Is it a Renault only part or can you get them from ECP/GSF do you know? Many thanks again for the reply:)

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’ve just had the pipe changed as the fluid was leaking/weeping though it. The garage said it seems that the fluid has eaten away the pipe inside out.

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
i'm keeping my fingers crossed that changing the switch does the trick as it looks a bugger of a job to change the PAS line...i suspect that the front bumper will have to come off. So annoying as I thought that I was just on the point of having finished my list of jobs on it.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Just had the same issue on mine. Switched replaced and leak has stopped.

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I've changed the switch and it seems (fingers crossed) that its stopped the leak. I did notice that the "metal" part of the switch seems more like chrome painted plastic, doesnt seem like a very solid part. Guess thats why they leak! anyway, another PAS leak solved by changing the switch. Cheers for the replies above.