ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS leak! How to fix help?

R60 CUP
Hi

i have had a leak on power steering for a while now and I am just getting round to trying to sort it out, but I can't understand where it is coming from! someone said it could be leaking from a switch under the PAS pump but where is this located in the car? Also someone else has said it could be a pipe that is near a heat shield and it rubs and over time it creates a hole, if anyone can help with this that would be greatly appreciated.

182 ff
hi i have had nite mare with the pas pipes.there are 2 pipes one that goes in the the steering rack(r60 00 073 688) the other is (r82 00 299 771) mine was leaking got it replaced(renault uk only had left drive on there system)(r82).then straight after the steering rack had a fault,so got it replaced(but the (r60) was rusted to the steering rack so needed a new one to fit the rack.its not easy to fit either pipe least 2 hours labour.mine was leaking just under the pasenger seat.take it to kwik fit or garage u no they can look under it(kwit fit didnt charge me).mine only leaked when the engine was running.keep the fiuld topped up

clio 172
mines is leaking too, where the heat shield has been rubbing off it, gona take it off tomoro and take it to pirtex or hydrasun to get them to fix it or make me a new one

172cup
mines is leaking too, where the heat shield has been rubbing off it, gona take it off tomoro and take it to pirtex or hydrasun to get them to fix it or make me a new one
I would just cut the pipe measure the inside then used a joiner and hose clips job done you wouldnt need to take it off