ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger window not working....

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Currently I have the window switches on the drivers side on my nice light weight door cards I have made. Drivers window works. Passenger window doesn't work. Was working fine when I took the switch off. The passenger wiring doesn't have the switch on it, just an open terminal block. Do I need to have the switch in it to make it work? If not then I'm a bit screwed as the passenger door card has been riveted to the door and would need drilling out......
Luckily the window is up. I will be going to lexan windows at some point, but costs this winter didn't allow it. When this goes in I will remake the door cards as I have learnt how to do it and already have a better design on the learning points of these!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Yes you do I'm afraid. The wiring runs through both switches before going to the passenger window motor. On the diagram below item 111 is the passenger motor 114 passenger switch 113 passenger switch on drivers side, it needs a complete circuit from the uch through all the above components for the window to work unfortunately
Screenshot_2016-01-10-08-41-50.png

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Always the way isn't it, just out of interest what have you used to make your door cards?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Thin black plastic. Came on a massive roll. I am just about to post pictures in my progress thread. Used a dremel to make cut outs for the window and mirror switches. This will be changed when I upgrade to Lexan windows at some point.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Thin black plastic. Came on a massive roll. I am just about to post pictures in my progress thread. Used a dremel to make cut outs for the window and mirror switches. This will be changed when I upgrade to Lexan windows at some point.

I'll take a look then, thanks