ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paypal - Normal vs Premier

Just received an email from paypal stating i need to upgrade to premier to accept a payment from somebody.

Been reading up on it and it seems that this is because the punter has used a credit card to pay instead of debit/paypal funds. All well and good.

However, if i do upgrade, is there some sort of extra fee somewhere that i'm missing that paypal will rip me off for. I've been all over the site and as far as i can see the fees are the same for a normal account and premier but i may be missing something.

Help much appreciated.

Bus w**ker
I've had a premier account for years and I've never incurred additional fees compared to the normal one. Or at least none that I've noticed.

SLK250 CDI
Just received an email from paypal stating i need to upgrade to premier to accept a payment from somebody.

Been reading up on it and it seems that this is because the punter has used a credit card to pay instead of debit/paypal funds. All well and good.

However, if i do upgrade, is there some sort of extra fee somewhere that i'm missing that paypal will rip me off for. I've been all over the site and as far as i can see the fees are the same for a normal account and premier but i may be missing something.

Help much appreciated.

You weren't getting charged to receive payments before right?

Once you 'upgrade' then you will get charged a percentage on _every_ payment you receive.

Thanks for the replys.

Yeah, i've been getting charged 3.something percent on the payments i've received so presumably the charges apply across the board.
Ended up giving in and phoning paypal.
Woman says there is no difference other than the limits for the premier account are higher and that there is no need to upgrade to receive the payment- exactly the opposite of what the email said.
Just going to stick with what i've got to avoid any further confusion/hassle!

Cheers for the replys.

I got an email saying I needed to upgrade but when I looked in my pp the payment was there so didn't bother.