ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC- COD modern warfare 2

Clio200 EDC Lux
Looks like they have turned there back on the pc version of modern warfare 2.

If the news is to beleived on various sites the following is true:

No dedicated servers.
No mods.
Runs through Steam.
VAC instead of PunkBuster,

the dedicate server will be the biggest downside eg;
Password protected servers would not exist.
* Clan matches would not take place.
* Competitive gaming, as we know it, would disappear.
* Ad-hoc scrims could be a thing of the future.
* Game Server Providers would be crippled.
* Player online experiences would be completely dominated by the quality of the system operated by the game's host. 48+slot servers could be a thing of the past.
* Modders and mappers will disappear. The game's variation, as we have become accustomed to, will go with them. Our community will focus on gaming only. The hobbiest element will need to find another game.

There has been various threads on the infinity ward forums which have all been removed.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
There's nothing like shitting on the consumers that helped you launch the series in the first place

It's business, so it's not surprising

DCi
a lot of people i used to play cod4 with on pc said WaW was a bit more public server orientated but i guess they have gone one step further now, o dear. hah

The idea of Steam is great. Having played CS (Valve platform game, where it all started) i have always found it reliable and as a business concept it is great.

However, no dedicated servers? lol.
VAC... well, don't even get me started on VAC - possable the worst AC ever (However it did catch me once).

No mods is strange, Steam/Valve have always been a big mod based company - there have been numerous mods that have actually been more popular than the original games themself.

Not looking good.

S3, Polo
If the rumours are true, then it's a sad day and people will continue to play/ mod CoD4!

Would have thought they'd be advertising it by now (L4D was advertised over a month in advance of release!) - considering how money-grabbing Activision are proving themselves to be!

Clio 182
bad news, this is the kind of stunt i would have expected from EA but not from Infinity Ward/Activision. Hope they listen to the fans.

Nissan 350z
Tbh i own and still play CoD:WaW which i purchased through Steam. So yeah actually i would have bought this in the same way to play online.