ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Components ordered!

2014 Focus Titanium
Wahoo! I'm well excited! Just ordered the following:

Intel Core Duo Quad Q6600 8MB L2 Cache CPU
2GB PC8500 DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte P35 Motherboard
Hitachi 160GB SATA II 8MB Cache HDD
XFX 8800GT 512MB Graphics Card

But the only downside is I won't be able to use them until 25th dec because they are xmas presents from my fiancee. I cant wait!!

My current spec is dier, and I online game quite regularly with about 20fps lol.

Current Spec:

AMD 2600+
1GB PC2700 DDR RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro
160gb ATA133 HDD

I should see a vast improvement on my current spec!

:D

2014 Focus Titanium
That lot cost me basically £420 + VAT.

I last upgraded in July 2003, so it's well overdue I must admit! Can't wait though, I forgot how good it feels to upgrade :D

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
good work man, similar spec to what i have ready to purchase for xmas but mine is more like £800!!! :O

iv been told to hang on tho as nvidia are changing graphics cards anytime soon so prices might drop, but i dont know for sure!

R26
You can guarantee as soon as you buy then they are out of date

Best to just get what you can afford and be happy with it IMO

Im looking to spend a little less than you next time round as im not as bigger PC gamer as i used to be. I mainly want something half decent for playing music and watching HD movies on etc

2014 Focus Titanium
good work man, similar spec to what i have ready to purchase for xmas but mine is more like £800!!! :O

iv been told to hang on tho as nvidia are changing graphics cards anytime soon so prices might drop, but i dont know for sure!

Well Nvidia have just brought out the GT chip which superseeds the GTS chip and is more powerful (yet the cards are slightly cheaper) and they are conastantly out of stock everywhere and you have to pre-order them, so I can't see them going out of date that quickly! :D

Luckily I have decent PSU/Sound/Case/Fans/Monitor so I don't have to spend too much.

Skoda Fabia vRS
why are you buying now, in a few weeks time you could have probably got better for your money

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
well just about every week my basket on overclockers has gone down in price!!!

altho it went up £25 the other day!!! :O

2014 Focus Titanium
why are you buying now, in a few weeks time you could have probably got better for your money

Well I figured this:

CPU - Might come down in price be £10-15 which im not fussed about
RAM - Got it cheap on a special offer for £50 so I won't be losing anything on that
Motherboard - that was £60 so I can't see it coming down more than £10
GFX - All 8800GT cards are out of stock everywhere so I had to preorder it now to get one in time for christmas so I can't really see the price of those going down by more than £10 if anything at all.
HDD - That was only £30 so that won't come down.

:)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Maybe, but the would slaughter the quad core. And to be honest unless your running a server you will neither use nor need 4 cores. The core 2 is just as fast if not faster in the 'real world'.

I use lightroom/photoshop/illustrator alot so yea the 4 cores are relevant to me.

Fair enough. Most people just see quad core and think faster though without really giving it any thought as to whether they need it or even if the system can use it.

Revels Mum & Sister
An overclocked Dual Core Intel is close on performance to the Extreme. b****cks to payiong £400+ for a CPU alone. Waste of time.

The GT isnt a replacement as such for the GTS, the GTS is being re-released and will be close to the GTX in performance apparently

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You can guarantee as soon as you buy then they are out of date

Best to just get what you can afford and be happy with it IMO

Im looking to spend a little less than you next time round as im not as bigger PC gamer as i used to be. I mainly want something half decent for playing music and watching HD movies on etc

Here, here! :)

And that old PC still has some use. I've got a similar spec one at home - AMD3200+, 9800 Pro, 1GB PC3200, etc. I use it for all the trivial crap that I don't want on my main PC - like connecting the printer to it, iTunes, Nero, torrents, etc.

Works perfectly for all those little jobs. :D

D.

172 cup TT
nice build... only change i wouldve made is gone for the e6750 instead... but hey all good... Actually, im in a pickle what to go for..

E6750 OR Q6600... hmm Im thinking the 6750 maybe...