ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Polisher Q?

106 GTi
Go for the Autopia option, by far the best option - get a set of normal sized pads and the 4 inch spot pads they are essential on some clio panels that you can't do without them.

There are complete kits over here if you dont want to import.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Would be good if one of the guys in the know could put a list of all the things to buy with the pc porter kit , extra pads , sizes etc ..... best products to use and with which pads .

It would be much appreciated by us mere mortals only armed with microfibre cloths and megs applicator pads ;)

106 GTi
MRBILLYUK said:
Would be good if one of the guys in the know could put a list of all the things to buy with the pc porter kit , extra pads , sizes etc ..... best products to use and with which pads .

It would be much appreciated by us mere mortals only armed with microfibre cloths and megs applicator pads ;)

Shaun does a good write up of what to get here

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=136

I would advise two of each of the normal sized 6 inch pads, Light Cut, Polishing and Finishing, and a set of the Spot 4 inch pads are essential IMO for the smaller panels on the Clio, Wings, boot lids, lower doors, quarter panel and front and rear valences.

What to use on what pads depends on the paints shape.

On paint in need of a machine polish -

Swirl removal - Cutting Pad - Meguiars #83 DACP Polish , or Poorboys SSR 2.5

Polishing - Polishing Pad - Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze, Optimum Polish or Poorboys SSR 2

Glazing, Sealants and Waxes - Finishing Pad

They above is example on good shape you can skip the first step, always start with the mildist combination first rather than going straight in with the DCAP and a cutting pad.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Rich said:
Shaun does a good write up of what to get here

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=136

I would advise two of each of the normal sized 6 inch pads, Light Cut, Polishing and Finishing, and a set of the Spot 4 inch pads are essential IMO for the smaller panels on the Clio, Wings, boot lids, lower doors, quarter panel and front and rear valences.

What to use on what pads depends on the paints shape.

On paint need of a machine polish -

Polishing - Polishing Pad - Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze, Optimum Polish or Poorboys SSR 2.
Glazing, Selants and Waxes - Finishing Pad

Cheers Rich :) i'll check it out

mine arrived today, i ordered a PC kit,
extra 6"plate
1 extra of cutting, polishing, finishing pads
a 3.5" plate
1 of cutting, polishing, finishing spot pads

and it came to 175 quid delivered.

then got transformer from screwfix for 35 quid

then plug, and extension lead free from work.

Rich said:
On paint in need of a machine polish -

Polishing - Polishing Pad - Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze, Optimum Polish or Poorboys SSR 2

Glazing, Sealants and Waxes - Finishing Pad

what sort of speeds do you use rich? had a quick test of mine earlier - not on the car though, and it didnt actually seem to get quicker between 1, 2 and 3, got noticeably faster at 5 and 6 (hear and feel it)

are they just different torque settings for it when lower than 3??

one more - is it ok just to mask stuff with normal electricians tape or do you need special stuff to reduce any residue left?

No more clio's for me!
GuyS said:
mine arrived today, i ordered a PC kit,
extra 6"plate
1 extra of cutting, polishing, finishing pads
a 3.5" plate
1 of cutting, polishing, finishing spot pads

and it came to 175 quid delivered.

then got transformer from screwfix for 35 quid

then plug, and extension lead free from work.

GuyS, did you order the PC from Autopia, how long did it take to come?

yep - it came to $300 using the discount code (£175 through paypal)

ordered it monday night i think, arrived today.

=============================

then ordered from serious performance
Swirl remover - Poorboys SSR 2.5
Glaze - Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze
for 24ish quid

and from clean and shiny some megs #80 speed glaze for about 17 ish i think

both of which are sat at the delivery depot as i missed the delivery. ones round the corner, and ones about 15mile away :(

(the above were recommended by the cleaning guru, rich - thanks)

Last edited:
nope, hence why we all have them at 110v

plus its safer if anything does go wrong as its only 55v going through you as opposed to 230ish.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Quoted By Rich though:

"There are complete kits over here if you dont want to import."

I'm interested in them, maybe when payday comes :)

How often do you guys use yours?

106 GTi
GuyS said:
what sort of speeds do you use rich? had a quick test of mine earlier - not on the car though, and it didnt actually seem to get quicker between 1, 2 and 3, got noticeably faster at 5 and 6 (hear and feel it)

are they just different torque settings for it when lower than 3??

SSR 2.5 Start on 2 to spread it around, then up to 5/6

Same for the Speed Glaze.

Proper Glazes start on 2 then speed up to 4.

Sealants and Liquid waxes 2-4

The sppeds should increase quite proportionaly 1-5 and then there is big speed jump to 6 I think.

106 GTi
brazo said:
Best to get blue painters masking tape - B&Q sell it or the 3m stuff can be bought from www.polishedbliss.co.uk

If I know it's staying maked up for some time I use the Blue stuff, as it's lower tack and leaves no residue.

Most of the time I use normal cheapo white stuff for a quarter of the price!

^^I find trapped water residue in the panels don't make the white stuff stick so good :(

But yeah much cheaper!!

Crazy Clio said:
http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/1porter-cable-variable-speed-polisher-p-182.html

£205 with a transformer aint bad at all

Saying that someone on that other forum got his for £175, then £35 for a transformer but he got allthe pads etc etc

Will have to think, im skint that the moment

exactly, with the one from america you get 1 backing plate, and 3 pads, and a bottle of pre wax polish too.

then i got approx $80 worth of extra pads
and a transformer

for £210

and the delivery from america is probably as quick, if not quicker than most uk places anyway!

Or my leaf blower ;)

Thought about the can of air in the past but I mainly use QEW on details now but some water does still remain lol and I ain't got time to chase it out!!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
GuyS said:
exactly, with the one from america you get 1 backing plate, and 3 pads, and a bottle of pre wax polish too.

then i got approx $80 worth of extra pads
and a transformer

for £210

and the delivery from america is probably as quick, if not quicker than most uk places anyway!

did you get stung for tax?

I used to build R/C Monster trucks (they were designed to be bashed about i spent so much time effort and money buying chrome bits from the states, by the time i had finished building them they were too nice to take off road lmao) I used to always get stung for tax :(

lol bit off topic but the Suspension that was on my R/C Truck cost more than a set of coilovers for 182 lol.

106 GTi
brazo said:
Or my leaf blower ;)

Thought about the can of air in the past but I mainly use QEW on details now but some water does still remain lol and I ain't got time to chase it out!!

LOL.

Water is a pain, just can justify 4 quid for roll of tape all the time!

havent yet no - i asked them to help me with customs charges - the box said value $25 on it

when i ordered my headlights from america that value had about £180 on it and i got charged £18 ish import duty on them...

if your bothered about legallitys.. then you cant buy it from that motorgeek as its illegal to sell non approved products in the uk isnt it??