ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Porter & Product Help?

172 Cup
Hi

Just taken delivery of my pc porter 7424.

Before I go running out and buying loads of new products, can you tell me if I have anything in the garage that I can use.

This is what I have:

SmartWax

Smart Wash
Smart Wax
Smart Detail
Rim Wax

Meguiars

Quik Clay
Quik Detailer
Scratch X
Clear Coat Body Scrub
Deep Crystal Polish - step 2
NXT Tech Wash
NXT Tech Wax

Autoglym

Paint Renovator
Ultra Deep Shine
Extra Gloss Protection
Super Resin Polish
Instant Show Shine

Zymol

HD Cleanse
Detail Wax
Carbon Wax

Sonus

SFX2 - came with my porter

I also have loads of polish applicator pads & microfibre cloths.

I would like to use the porter on my wifes Inferno 182 - to remove a couple of bird bomb marks (the bain of living by the sea) and some small swirl marks. On my 172 cup just to improve the overall look of the car...

Please let me know if I need anything
If possible could you also recommend me where on the internet I can get it

Thanks in advance

McShug

also posted over at autopia

Clio 172 Mk2
if i were you mate i'd invest in some meguiars speed glaze which is number 80 from their professional range. If this doesnt do the trick with your small swirls get some number 83 which is called dual action cleanser polisher and is slightly more abrasive. The speed glaze is great and leaves a lovely finish to apply your wax on to! www.seriousperformance.co.uk are excellent for your products, delivery is lightning fast and prices are good

106 GTi
Out of the products you have most could be used by PC. Out of the ones you list the really nice one that works well be PC is the AG SRP.

You could use the AG Paint Renovater to do paint correction but your money would be best spent on some more suited polishes to do the paint correction first.

For me look into:

Megs 83 and 80 as suggested above, or the Poorboys SSR Range mainly 2.5, 2 and 1 for PC use also from Alex @ Serious Performance. For the first time user they are the easist range to use and get on with and produce good results IMO.

Slightly harder to use, are the Menzerna Range, but are probably the best range of polishes for machine use at the moment. For most defects the one of the Intensive Polishes, followed by Final Finish is the way to go. There is Power Gloss to for the really hard to remove stuff. Tim from cleanyourcar.co.uk is the man to see for these.

Always start with the mildest polish and pad combination first and take it from there. When I first got mine, I used and practiced with the aggressive combos on old cars and started out with Sonus a DAS Polishing Pad and Poorboys SSR 2 on my 182 and took it from there.