ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First proper detail!

Renault Clio Mk2
So I gave my car it's first real detail today! Previously it had only been washed with shampoo, and I also have never done anything but just wash and dry, so here goes!

First I rinsed with a normal hose
Washed wheels with shampoo
Then using MER High Shine Shampoo I gave her a good wash
Fully dried with 3 meguiars microfiber cloths
Cleansed with Lime Prime
Glazed with 50. Cal filler glaze
Waxed with Britemax Vantage.

And here's some photos :)
image.jpg

Got an RS Grille too
image.jpg

And stubby aerial :D

Any advice what to do different text time would be great! Thanks alot!

Also massive thanks to @imprezaworks for letting me have all those products! Hopefully you'll think they've been used well haha;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks good mate. What's the name of this colour? Very similar to flame red, but a bit more red if that makes sense. I'm forever having people tell me that my car isn't red.

Renault Clio Mk2
Looks good mate. What's the name of this colour? Very similar to flame red, but a bit more red if that makes sense. I'm forever having people tell me that my car isn't red.
This is flame red! So is yours not flame red? It looks slightly brighter in the photo than real life

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This is flame red! So is yours not flame red? It looks slightly brighter in the photo than real life

I dont think yours is mate.. Flame red is only on sports I thought, but I may well be wrong. Yeah mine is flame red haha, just looks quite dark when it's dirty (most of the time).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  Renault Clio Mk2
I dont think yours is mate.. Flame red is only on sports I thought, but I may well be wrong. Yeah mine is flame red haha, just looks quite dark when it's dirty (most of the time).
Code B76, im 80% sure this is flame red, but I'd happily be corrected :) haha mines been clean since I had it, but I haven't had it long nor have I even passed my test yet:'(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Great work! The car looks ace!

My only advice is to invest in a tar remover and a fallout remover, use these before you rub anything on your paint (cleanser, Polish, wax etc) to minimise the risk of marring/swirls.

Otherwise, carry on as you are :)