ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Products

Broken Diesel Megane :(
right guys,

pc should (hopefully) be here this weekend so need to order all the right products to use on my cup.

just for light swirls, nothing too aggresive and something that if ordered tomorrow will be here on fri.

anything guys?

cheers

106 GTi
I find the Poorboys range the most user friendly as a beginner on the PC.

I would grab SSR 2.5, 2 and 1, PM Alex at Serious Performance and see if he can get them to you.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I wouldn't bother with the SSR 2 if you are going down the Poorboys route. SSR 2.5 finishes just about LSP by PC anyway, so I'd go with the 2.5 and the 1. The Sonus products (SFX-1,2 and 3) in my book as staged products works better though. The results are truely stunning, hard work but well worth it. Swirly 200sx and Audi A3

The menzerna is also amazing. The PO106FF on it's own should tackle just about all the defects, it's a fantastic polish as it has a nice (light) amount of cut yet the gloss blinding :cool: (big bonus is no dust also) If you find you need to step up the amount of abrasion, the Intensive Polish is the way to go.

Tired Honda Civic

I would highly recomend that polish on it's own, on a white SFX pad if you are looking to remove light swirls and creating as much gloss as possible. Whatever you decide though, start with the least abrasive and work up.

Cheers Tim

106 GTi
I used SSR 2 lots when first using the PC as I was not brave enough to use the 2.5! Hence why I suggested maybe to get all 3. But yeah even with a light cut pad on Black paint 2.5 finishes down LSP ready.

I must grab some menzerna before the weather turns.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Supply problems also mean I'm about to run out of the PO106FF like the Intensive polish 3.01. The bloody factory informed me 2 days before it was being shipped that they didn't have enough ingredients. Looks like at least a month before I'll be fully stocked again, so it's a right pain.

106 GTi
Order placed. Thought the shipping was free for a while but it got added on right at the end! lol

106 GTi
Quick question Tim - Have you used PO106FF and then followed up with PO85RD on the same panel or is this not needed?

Cheers

Rich

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Thanks Rich!

I'll get a sample of the Factory seal in there also.

By PC, it's not totally necessary. I tend to follow I with the 85RD, and on softer paints just use the PO106FF as this deals with the swirls and finishes very glossy on it's own. I'm sure you'll be impressed whith them though, just a shame the Cermai coat IP is out, but as soon as I have that in I'll make sure you get a sample of that also.

Thanks again

Tim

106 GTi
Nice one Tim - Much appreciated. Will be using them on my own car so, will proably do both anyway then. Yeah shame about the IP, I grabbed the one on Sale older one for in the meantime anyway. Hoping the PO106FF will sort most things anyway fingers crossed. Will grab the other when you do get it back in. Forgot to order that brush you posted up about the other day so will grab that next time aswell.

Cheers

Rich

Fiat Coupe 20vt
The normal IP is still in my opinion the best of the rest machine polish for tougher paints and more sever swirls.

Just waiting for the courier to come and collect it.

Cheers Tim

p.s no don't eat it ;)

106 GTi
Ok I will just keep sniffing ;)

Thats good news on the normal IP then, should see me through till you get in some more of the other.

Spot on, thanks again Tim