ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Screen Presentations

350Z GT
Hey! Just a quick random thread.
I am not sure of the exact term to use for a title ^
Basically a relative wants to put a Big screen in his shop front window, the idea is to have photos on a reel moving around but he also wants a bit of writing at the bottom which can scroll along. Really wanted to ask what kind of Hardware would be needed? Could it run off an existing computer in the background to a separate LCD Tv or would it be best to have its own mini computer? Also what kind of software would people recommend?

I've had a google of lots of odd terms but not a clue what i'm looking for tbh! :eek: Thanks :)

Cupra
Either use an existing computer which can handle dual screen displays or use a cheap one for the window display and run something like a Microsoft Powerpoint presentation on a loop.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
A straight-forward PC would do that m8 - as Andy says, with dual outputs on the graphics cards. They are dirt cheap too - an ATi Silent 4350 PCI-E card only costs circa £25 and can support 1080p if needed for the screen.

Also, Microsoft Powerpoint Viewer is a free download. You just need a legit copy of Powerpoint/Office to make the slideshows in the first place. :)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=048dc840-14e1-467d-8dca-19d2a8fd7485

D.