ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Wont load windows?

Elise/VX220/R26
My comps poorly! The windows loading screen comes on and then the PC resets itself, gives you the screen where you can choose safe mode etc, but still just resets itself, havent changed anything recently, it recognises the hard drives too, any ideas?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Try taking the CMOS battery out for 20mins or so, if you have tried the aforementioned with no luck..

A

Elise/VX220/R26
thanks for the replies, it wont start in last good config mode or safe mode, I've took the c drive out and stuck it in another machine, it just freezes up on that one when loading, I've added it to the other PC as a secondary drive though and I can browse the fiels on it no problem. I'm thinking maybe back the files up and try doing a fresh install but keeping saved files?

Audi S3 225
Hey i had the same prob, guess it was an error on the hdd that couldnt be fixed, but i bought a new hdd, reinstalled xp on the new one and had the busted hdd as the slave and i was able to get all my files from it.

Then I formatted it, still in the comp but i dont store any important files incase it goes again.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
jonnyboy said:
thanks for the replies, it wont start in last good config mode or safe mode, I've took the c drive out and stuck it in another machine, it just freezes up on that one when loading, I've added it to the other PC as a secondary drive though and I can browse the fiels on it no problem. I'm thinking maybe back the files up and try doing a fresh install but keeping saved files?

Yes that'll be the thing to do.

..remove the cmos batt? i wouldnt bother doing that.

Elise/VX220/R26
sorted it by re installing windows, managed to recover my emails luckily, all now safely backed up! Going to replacee the hard drive I think as it might have some bad sectors or something