ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PCV valve removal and location

R35 GTR
Anyone got any info on the location and removal please? I think I am looking at the right thing, but cannot see how to remove it.

It's on my 182 btw. thanks.

ITB'd MK1
i thought that there was a pcv valve on the crankcase breather pipe outlet elbow.

no, just a pipe. To include a PCV the pipe would go from the separator to the plenum, rather than to the pipe before the butterfly. Vaccum on over run would suck out breather gases. But the F4R doesn't have that system

R35 GTR
yep thats what i thought as ktec did a compression check only very recently. How would i go about confirming it needs a rebuild? It's alot of work for to remove so want to make sure before i do it.

ITB'd MK1
physical test for play in the shaft is all i can suggest. You had a rebuild recently IIRC, how bad was the failure? bearings or anything like that? swarf in the oil would very quickly have shortened the life of the turbo, so if it's the same one I think it's a safe bet it's dying

R35 GTR
i had the exhaust housing replaced as the wastegate wasnt sealing correctly. my engine rebuild was only due to worn piston rings so shouldnt have had any swarf in the engine if that's what you mean?

there is oil around the outer exhaust side near the large circlip. i wonder if the smoke is related to getting a new exhaust housing?

ITB'd MK1
I had a turbo fail on me once when i got a slight twist in the oil feed pipe. Also you need to make sure the oil return is clear and flows out of the turbo without holding oil in the core, as that can over-pressure the seal and once it's breached it'll always leak