ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PE2s or Eagle F1's ?

Anyone had both of these in 16" on a 172 or 182? if so how do they compare. Also they're Listing two different variants of the F1s on a few sites so say which one you had, ta.

Weeman sucks ****
I tried the F1's a while back and couldn't get on with the side movement you get from the nearly vertical tread pattern. Got the PE2's now and love them. Everyone likes different though eh.

Gweebs said:
Wrong forum....

Anything useful to add?

Hhhmm two different opinions. Be useful if there was someone on here with a 182 with a set of F1s on i could have a spin in but i doubt there are.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i've only had eagle f1's and contis, and from what i can tell, the eagle f1's sidewalls are too flexible, but the treadwear on the conti's is piss poor.
Depends what you're after i s'pose.

**i've just realise i'm of no use to this thread whatsoever**

E90
TBR ran F1's on a 182 at about 60 psi, to quote the test driver Mr Jon Richardson and passenger Mr Wee Man, " fcuking hell were slowing down this is dangerous"

I've been impressed with them. I was up for trying a different set but if there's nothing out there thats worth trying i'll stick with them.

Weeman sucks ****
Conti's are ok but they're harder, so a lot more squeel and slide but that's fun too.

PE2's are pretty good imo.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
could try the parada spec 2's (205/45/16), no squirm, decent in the wet, at goodwood they were excellent. had a double blow out with the contis. not tried the pe2's. just bought 4 f1's in 15" to try for the 'wet' season, wont be using them on track unless its lashing it down, hope they are not to flexible or they will be going..

impreza p1
haitch said:
could try the parada spec 2's (205/45/16), no squirm, decent in the wet, at goodwood they were excellent. had a double blow out with the contis. not tried the pe2's. just bought 4 f1's in 15" to try for the 'wet' season, wont be using them on track unless its lashing it down, hope they are not to flexible or they will be going..

i got parada's (205/45/16)

they are really really good

ST
I've used both as John said...

Both as good as each other tho i found the the f1 breaks away a bit more cleanly than the PE2 maybe due to the tread pattern but as i said both as good as each other.

When i come to replacing in a few months it'll be the PE2's again.

Winter's coming up - F1's all the way :cool:

I hear that the sidewalls are softer than the PE2s but I think a softer breakaway would be ideal in the wet lol