ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pearlesent paint!

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
Alright guys, currently have a mk3 1.2 clio. have been modding it for like a good year and a half now. i have at long last assembled the parts of the kit, and rather than have it fitted and sprayed in the renault "platinum" i have had a sudden last minute change of heart. I live in Glasgow, and on leaving University the other day a clio drove past with a silvery, blue pearlescent paint. There could have been more colours, but it looked amazin, some girl walking by compared it to a "fish". basically, im trying to find out what this colour was, im pretty sure it was a pearlescent paint, and not a flip paint. Anybody have any ideas as to what it was, where i could find out, or maybe even own the beast of a car that drove past Caley Uni? I really need to find the colour so all help will be greatly appreciated, cheers guys!!

106 GTi
Most Pearls are one off colours - the hosen colour is added and mixed up in the laquer by whoever is painting it and sprayed over the basecoat. This is why repairs are so hard. Its not quite as easy as saying I want House of Kolour xxxxxxx. You will need to track down the owner, he probably wont want you having the same colour though!

Chocolate Bar™
as said above, any good bodyshop will have their own colour swabs for you to choose from, if hes got any pride in his car even if you asked him what colour and what bodyshop he used he prob wouldnt tell you, you dont spend that much money on a car for someone to copy of you lol

theres tonnes of gorgeous coluors out there just go and ask around :) be prepared to spend big money though for special colours from a good bodyshop like the one you described your talking 2-3 grand up.

Punto/Clio GTT
painted a fiesta few weeks back in a white pearl, looked purple/blue in other lights, was a nice colour.

if you want a mental colour ide have a browse through some TVR colour chips

172 coming soon
Alfa Romeo charts would be a great suggestion (Y)

Mine is based on an Alfa Blue with a special top layer, which makes it look silver/yellow/green and sometimes a hint of purple in the roght light ;)

Will get a few night time pics up ASAP to let you see what i mean