ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

people without spare wheels

Vantage
i have a full 182R, so i have no spare wheel

just wanted to know what other people use instead of a spare wheel??

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
the cans that come with the 182. or on long journeys i have a spare wheel that i can put in the boot that i bought.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Horse shoes.

:)

Tyre foam usually with an RAC/AA membership.

Or just buy a spare.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
First of All what the hell is a 182R??

I guess you mean you have stripped your 182.

You can use tyre foam but it is useless in a blow out.

Personally anyone that doesnt carry a spare wheel on a motorway or long journey is a moron.

I take mine out when im going for a B road blast or know i will ownly make short/slow journeys.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
halfords - they are about £10 but wouldn't use them unless i REALLY had too. sack paying 108 quid for a new tyre

Ph 1 172
i havent had a spare wheel in ages in my car although im only really ever around town so no big problem and if not then the aa take me to the closest garage so i will just get a new one put on and get on my way again. did use run flat tyres for a little while as well

Clio 172 RS2
In my 172 RS2 i leave mines out...
But last week for a long journey i forgot to put it back in!

Thanks for reminding me Bazzon that i'm a moron!

halfords - they are about £10 but wouldn't use them unless i REALLY had too. sack paying 108 quid for a new tyre

It's a myth that you automatically need a new tyre. I had that line some time ago from a tyre fitting place. I told them to MTFU and clean it. They did. Done.

Personally I roll with the foam and an electric pump for getting it back up to pressure. If used properly, the foam actually worlks quite well. I'm considering joining the AA/Greenflag though, for those times when it doesn't or can't.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i bought a 15 inch steel rim for about a tenner from a breakers when i had my 182. safest option imo.