ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

personalised plates

The Jinx

I wanted C110MPH and enquired to the DVLA. They said it hasnt been released but theyd let me know when it did. I have heard though that theyll put it in for auction if theres enough interest.

Is this true, as I really want the plate? MPH being my initials.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Mike

Why dont you just get a plate with MPH on with a number of your choice?

There are 22 pages of MPH on the DVLA website!! Plenty of choice.

GR7

Shiny red R32

I saw a wasted plate yesterday parked at the Superbikes at Knockhill. It was on a boring looking Nissan Primera (not even a sporty version) and it was V6 followed by initials!! Maybe the guy is longing for a V6 Clio!!

I found a plate for me its £399 and my mum said shed buy it for me for my 21st. My names luke and the plate was W121 uke, which will read W12 1UKE. Not bad for £399!

I got X8 RST

RST are my initials which is why I chose it, some say it looks like X0RST (Exhaust)
You cant have X0 or Xo as far as im aware so an 8 is the closest possible

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 19 May 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Mike Wright on 18 May 2003

Personal Plates which have initials as the only one who knows what it means is the driver!........waste of money in my opinion but its very much personal choice. I would rather give the money to a charity than get a number plate if i had it spare.
Mike

This is exactly what a friend says! She says "Why pay hundreds of pounds for a number plate when it comes free with the car?" (or £25 as some garages charge)

Although initials are personal to the owner, they might not be concerned that a stranger doesnt know what they mean! On the other hand, what about drivers who pay hundreds of pounds for plates which dont actually make up the word they would like? That is far sillier than a persons initials, which are accurate!! A while back someone I know with an aunt Kitty bought a plate for her Beemer with K2TTY. If it doesnt say K1TTY then it isnt KITTY!!

Some examples are:

N77TCH - Mitch

M800SSE - Moose

G16NNN - Glenn

B6DYS - Bodys
Dont be such a smart arse GR ! Just because you post doesnt mean I have to agree with it! I dont really care what you think! :mad: