ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Perspex sub boxes

I am getting a couple of Audiobhan subs but want see through boxes to put them in. Does anyone know where I can get them from and how much they cost

Yea, Ian H.. Very very mint..

I guess you could get some thick perspex and make a box yerself - dunno if you can buy them ready made.

Just make sure they the right size!

I dont think you can buy perspex boxes pre-made. Ian got a mate to do them for him I think.

Where are you getting your Audiobahn subs from JLOW. Did you know that we give Cliosport members up to 40% discount on all Audiobahn and Zapco products.

Russ

now theres a salespitch if ever lol,

make the boxes yourself, we have a show car (some of u may have seen) which has perspex boxes ( which will be redesigend soon,) and also vacuum formed door builds housing, kicker 3 way set up including 8 " midbass,

Tom

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

um just search in yellow pages for a plastics factory, see if they can do stiff 1/4" thick plexi and ask em to cut it to size with a perfect size hole in tha middle u will need to work out a way to bond them though as u will want them 100% sealed so that u do get air escaping, i can ask my cousin if ya want as he works in a plastics fabricating place and makes bomb proof plastic boxes etc which are wicked.

but i think u will find it quite expensive, cos the plexi will cost a fair bit, but i might be wrong on this.

What can I say..i hate people spending more money than they have to.:D

You still working on that system Tom..I thought you would have finished that by now.

Russ

Evil Ice

This is th Audiobhan sub I want:-AUD-AW120T
12" excursion subwoofer, 60oz strontium magnet, 500w RMS, freq response 26hz-1khz, efficiency 92.8db, 2" foam surround, non pressed non transfer paper cone, KM3 coated for virtually no cone distortion, 2" 4 layer ASV voice coil, single 4 ohm operation.

The Cheapest Ive found it for is £130

perspex sub boxes are usually very expensive

i remember getting a quote a while back for a double 12" box and it was £800!!

IIRC u need to use plexiglass rather than perspex as it is stronger, im not sure on how you are supposed to join the angles, as screws may split it.

Ad

there is no way that 1/4 inch will be thick enough, thats only 6mm, mine are 20mm. When my brother made mine he plastic welded them, mitred joints (although at 20mm he could have butt joined them, it would have been strong enough) 15mm is really the minimum thickness you would need. the materials for mine cost £400 alone, plus all the work that went into them (they took 3 months to complete, in his spare time). thereis a picture of mine in dazs french car show pics (which is in clio discussion - couple of days old now), which may give you an idea of how they would look. They look amazing but are quite an expensive option. cheers