ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petition To Get Rid Of Front Numberplates

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I really don't see the point why don't people petiton for something worthwhile

B

Brown.

Ha..... if some one nicks my car id like to think ANPR would pick it up.... Really need a front plate for that to work :(... al not be signing sorry.

S23

The Cleee-O
I doubt it will happen either in all honesty, but worth a punt if you wanted it. Appreciate it's not to everyones tastes either. Ha.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Stupid idea, if you dont like the front plate take it off and put it in ur windscreen outa the way.

Washington

ClioSport Club Member
Even if it made sense I wouldn't sign based solely on that worthless pitch. "errr, some motorbikes dunt have em, enthusiasts would take them off to make their cars look better." Yeah, that's definitely going to pass.

DMS

A thirsty 172
A bad idea TBH. As above, if my car was stolen I'd want ANPR to pick it up.
Although I'm sure technology could provide a better solution than the visible, stealable and forgeable number plate to identify cars.
I'm not going to lose sleep over it either way...

Monaro VXR
This is not America...

...this is also some jumped up idea by a guy in a s!K Corsa.......

A lot of places in the USA and Canada are adopting the front number plate for similar reasons to what has been said in here.

Will find many cars now run front number plates there. Thing they are actively introducing it when you renew your plates in many states.

My mate went front having only a rear plate to getting 2 plates when he changed car.

Personally I just can't understand these people who get no number plate or 3/4 plates put on the front when there is an obvious space for a full size normal plate it just looks bloody silly. If there is a space there use it. It really doesn't look better with the plate in the window it just looks stupid. Much more than having it where it should be.

Yeah. Because a government that's pouring millions of pounds into ANPR based camera systems, is going to suddenly let everyone remove their front plates based on a petition signed by chavs who want to 'smooth' the front end of their shed with Pollyfilla.

Dodeca-facepalm.