ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Lighi Fault

ClioSport 182
I was jus driving and all of sudden my petrol light came on but i have got over quater tank left of petrol so the light shouldnt be on. ANyone know why this is happening?

172cup
either

1. turn the engine off and on again
2. do the self-diagnostic/stalk test to attemt to reset any memory

happens a few times to me aswell... but only does it when my limp mode is activated for some reason.

Best way to see what you;ve really got in your tack is to do the stalk diagnostic and see how many ltrs are actually in there!

ClioSport 182
Ive tried that but had no luck, going to have a trip to petrol station shortly see if that does the trick

If not be off to renault to look at unless someone has any other suggestions?
If it goes into renault will they give me a another car as replacement while they have it?

how many litres should be in the tank when the fuel light comes on? Normally about a gallon or 5 litres ish isnt it? I will have a look when mine starts to run low on fuel again and the ligh comes on.

Are Clio gauges usually inaccurate or misleading?

ClioSport 182
Its always be fine and accurate on mine, The thing was that i had quater of a tank in so the light should never of came on.
Luckly though adding some more petrol to the tank turned the light off, it was running on empty before people come in with smart comments lol

problem solved cheers for all the advice anyway people