ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol light fault

clio sport 182
Hi all, I am wondering if any1 has ever had a fault with there petrol light in a 182 and miles left gauge as mine was sitting with 30 miles to go put 10 pound in and took the light off showed 80 miles to go switched car off went back to it a few hours later the light was on and showing just the lines at miles left, done the obvious thing and checked for leaks first there were none the gauge was still in the same place, put another 5 pound in and the light and miles left still hasn't moved.
Has any1 got any ideas of why?
Thanks

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Parked on a slope? Just fill it up

5 quid is such a small amount for fuel the gauge probably hasn't noticed it

Can depend on where you are parked as James said. Where I live, I sometimes have to park on a downwards hill, so shows more diesel than I actually have and then sometimes, have to park on a flat part with a very tiny upwards hill and it usually puts me onto the red light, but once I drive a couple of miles, it is back to normal.

clio sport 182
a know 5 pound is a small amount but after putting in 10 it brings it to about a quarter tank which is still above where the light should be on

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
just fill it up to the top and see how many miles you get from a full tank before the light comes on, that will give a better idea

chucking a fiver and a tenner in here and there is pointless, I did that when I was 17 and skint and petrol was about 60p a litre