ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

petrol octane

Quote: Originally posted by IsvenII on 21 July 2004

i know its stated in the manual, recommended 98... however, would it be fine with 95?
Yes seems like there no diference in performance in the 1/4 mile etc.

However premium RON fuels usually have other things in them to help keep the injectors and combustion cleaner so you could argue it does help power.

The car is designed for 98 RON but if your car doesnt knock them youll get the same power.

Remapped derv Golf

Always found my VTR much more responsive on 98 than 95. Pulling out of juntions and pulling from low revs in a high gear.

Never tired the cup on 95.

Ive only got a 1.2 and have found small gains in performance and general running of the car using 98ron petrol (optimax)

Quote: Originally posted by SAM113L on 21 July 2004

Ive only got a 1.2 and have found small gains in performance and general running of the car using 98ron petrol (optimax)
Running on higher octane fuel than needed should mean less power.

However it will depend gains will be minimal though.

with the rising petrol costs.... i was wondering if i should use 95 and drive like it was stolen more often or stick to 98 but drive like a milk deliveryman. btw, the former would probably reduce carbon build up too... isnt it?