ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

peugeot 106 diesel

Golf GTD Mk7
Not sure if this is the right section, but here we go.

Decided to get a 106 diesel. Anyone got any words of wisdom. Problems to look out for etc? Its going to be for commuting to work (70mile round trip) to keep miles of the 182. Only looking at spending around 500quid.

What they like to drive? I've heard they are very economical?

Jonny

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Good cars. I've had a fair few. The most recent being a W plate 5 door with power steering. Had 150,000 miles on it but drove like it had 30k!

There is nothing 'notorious' that goes wrong with them tbh. Just general 'used car checks' need to be done when buying them.

Wouldn't want a crash in one though!!

M

mini-valver

The early 1.5 is possibly the slowest thing I have driven in my whole live. In-fact, I'd go as far as to say and Arrive and drive 150cc go-kart gets to 40 quicker, lol. Super cheap to buy, run and will never break!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Couldn't tell you mate, I own a car garage so the most i'll do is about 10 miles in them! lol.

The last one, bought off a lady who claimed she was getting late fifties mpg out of it.

Golf GTD Mk7
The early 1.5 is possibly the slowest thing I have driven in my whole live. In-fact, I'd go as far as to say and Arrive and drive 150cc go-kart gets to 40 quicker, lol. Super cheap to buy, run and will never break!

Not too bothered about speed, thats what the 182 is for ;), just trying to save a few pennies really.

Insurance is nearly looking the same price as the car though. Any ideas?