ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 faults.

Titanium 182
General stuff, engine mount, exhaust rusting, wheel bearings. Bit worse than my 182 but not much worse.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
General stuff like throttle gunking up, idle control valve not controlling revs properly, the exhaust fell off, steering wheel deteriorating, worn rear wheel bearings, front suspension bushes worn, shocks worn and, SERV and Airbag wiring issue.

All simple to sort out - cheap as chips.

Pug 205 gti
General stuff like throttle gunking up, idle control valve not controlling revs properly, the exhaust fell off, steering wheel deteriorating, worn rear wheel bearings, front suspension bushes worn, shocks worn and, SERV and Airbag wiring issue.

same as this

GW 200T
On the rev countor as mine keeps flutterin up and dwn is this may be the idele control valve. And it just seems quiet noisey

Ph1 clio 172

Same as above plus cambelt snapping, well aux belt first then it took the cam belt with it,

PH1 172 Sport

Most of these.

Megane 225

yup ive had most of these problems too plus the front springs on mine broke, handbrake cable snapped on near side, still have the idle control valve fault though

Last edited:
  GW 200T
Any odea on fuel consuption it seems to drink petol and im NOT driving it hard at all. The computer says it only doing 22.8 mpg

Megane 225
i guess it depends on the sort of driving you do mate. Do you do more motorway miles or town driving?

22.8 seems really low. I havent seen mines below 30 and thats canning it! Normally 40 on a good steady motorway run.

Ive had my Ph1 a few months now and I had to replace 4 shocks (I could compress all 4 with my hands!!) and springs. Got sportlines and its an instant improvement! Also had to change top mounts, part of exhaust, and window motor. I get the SERV airbag light but a wiggle of the wires and it goes away for another few weeks! Apart from that its been sweet!

Not bad for 98k!

Forgot to say steering wheel!

Last edited:
  GW 200T
i do a bit of both driving motor way and jsut running around, I know just running around takes alot of fuel but that is having a laugh TBH, any ideas what could be causing the really low fuel consumption

Megane 225
It'll be the upstream Lambda sensor. I'm getting high 30's low 40's most weeks.

do you know how much the lambda sensors are mate? looking at this i think mines on its way out coz i only manage to get 33mpg max even when im driving like a granny lol!

normally about £50? IIRC get get onto eurocar parts and that will give you some sorta idea. Or try clio spares etc. always had a good service from them