ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Throttle cable

Golf GTi
The pill snapped off the end of my throttle cable where it attaches to the throttle wheel.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Apparently the RHD version is discontinued!? Will a LHD version fit?

Thanks,
Chris

Clio 172 ph1
I got one from Euro Car Parts for about £13 a few days ago.

Must admit I haven't fitted it yet as that a job for this weekend, but looking at whats included looks identical to whats on the car

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Genuine Renault ones are good value and far superior in quality. I had a ECP one on my old Ph1 and it started to stick within a year or two. I swapped it for a genuine one and I think it was about £30 but can't remember.

Another tip is I found it easier with the inlet manifold off to fit as you can get down behind the engine/heat shield a lot easier.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't seem to find a genuine one, although only did a quick Google search.
I went into the dealer when I bought mine, arrived the next day.

Weirdly if you go phone up Renault in Gloucester for parts you go to the Renault dealership to collect, if you walk in to order they send you to the Ford dealer up the road to place the order. Strange.

Golf GTi
Yeah its discontinued. Great! I'm going to try and repair kit first as it's just the pill that's come off the end. Otherwise will have to be the ECP one I guess!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got this one from GSF on mine
IMG_0940.jpeg

IMG_0941.jpeg

The shealth goes all the way from the bulk head to the throtte which from past experiences most do not and have some exposed cable.

Annoyingly I had to cut mine down but this is to get a better cable routing for the ITB's but should not be a problem with a standard throttle body