ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1, Ph2 gearstick

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Other than the knob is there any other difference between the two in terms of length etc. I seem to remember my Ph1 being shorter

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Thanks, debating replacing mine with a ph1 or just a Richbrook knob as they do a similar style.

How much were you selling for?

Ferrari & Trophy 306
I actually have one of those on the shelf as well lol!

I’m going to drop price to £60 plus postage.

AFE64DB8-AD74-4DE8-A360-F196F1205C2D.jpeg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Ph1 gearstick was one of my favourite mods on my 172. I had the slanted richbrook one in my Mk5 Fiesta ZS and it was horrible. No idea why someone fitted it when you can get hold of puma ones so cheap.

Anyway, don't get the richbrook one. It's s**t.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I’ve had both the ph1 gearstick in my 182 and a richbrook round knob on my 172. Ph1 was brilliant feeling but the richbrook was equally nice. They pop up now and then (ph1) for around £20-25. Not fun fitting it though.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Ph1 gearstick was one of my favourite mods on my 172. I had the slanted richbrook one in my Mk5 Fiesta ZS and it was horrible. No idea why someone fitted it when you can get hold of puma ones so cheap.

Anyway, don't get the richbrook one. It's s**t.

What is it that makes the Richbrook so bad? The leather has come off my original leaving a horrible sticky rubber gear knob

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I finally got my scenic shifter and phase 1 knob fitted in January, after having them sat about for a year or two! It's comfortable to use but finishing work at 4am it's fekkin freezing?.

ajfinn87

ClioSport Club Member
  Mx5
I did this swap in my 182. I say “I” but actually got the guys at birchdown to sort when it went in for a service. Bought the gearknob and gear leaver as a complete assembly off eBay (rather than just the gearknob). The swap was like for like, except from the gaiter, and I’m fairly confident that the ph1 and ph2 gearstick are the same length, I certainly didn’t notice any difference. From memory before the swap the gearstick always felt about an inch or two too far away from ideal (if I’m being really picky) and after the switch it’s still that same little bit of a stretch away.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I did this swap in my 182. I say “I” but actually got the guys at birchdown to sort when it went in for a service. Bought the gearknob and gear leaver as a complete assembly off eBay (rather than just the gearknob). The swap was like for like, except from the gaiter, and I’m fairly confident that the ph1 and ph2 gearstick are the same length, I certainly didn’t notice any difference. From memory before the swap the gearstick always felt about an inch or two too far away from ideal (if I’m being really picky) and after the switch it’s still that same little bit of a stretch away.

I think mine has had the linkage underneath shortened, in 4th its considerably further back than my previous 1*2s