ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 tuner list stalk adapters - please tell me the button mapping of yours!

ph1 19 16v, ph1 172
Don't worry, it's not the usual question!

I have a 2001 172 with Tuner List setup.

There seems to be 3 options for stalk adapters:

Autoleads: PC99-X12 (stalk only adapter)
Connects2: CTSRN003 (stalk only adapter) or CTDRNS003 (stalk and display)

I have bought the CTDRNS003 stalk and display adapter but I'm a bit disappointed with it for 2 reasons:

1 - The head unit cannot be turned on (or off) from the stalk as far as I can tell. I have had this head unit fitted to various cars with aftermarket stalk adapters and all have been able to turn the stereo on with the 'source' button on the stalk.

and far more irritatingly

2 - The allocation of functions to the stalk is bizarre in the case of radio functions. One button to advance forward through the station presets whereas the seek+ and seek- are allocated to the scroll wheel. My head unit has 18 station presets so to use the stalk to go to a lower numbered one I'd have to cycle through up to 17 presets using the stalk button to get to the one I want. How often you actually retune the radio that you'd need to have both seek+ and seek- available on the scroll wheel? It would be far more logical and usable to have presets on the scroll wheel and either seek+ or seek- on the single button. Completely, utterly, unfathomably nuts.

So my question is, do either the Autoleads PC99-X12 or the connects2 CTSRN003 have these flaws?