ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 172 throttle issues

Clio 172 ph2
I've read most of the threads about this but they point towards the PH1 172 with a different throttle body mechanism.

I've cleaned the throttle body (including taking it off) but its a sealed unit on the PH2 so i can't get into the motor mechanism to oil it etc. Any tips?

I'm getting slightly jerky throttle at low speeds and then the electrical fault light comes on and it goes into limp mode. Its had a new pedal too. The throttle body looks new now so it can't be dirty, perhaps a new one required but how much are these?

Any other ideas?

Also, where is the throttle position sensor on these? any pics to help would be great. Happy to try simple jobs to save cash! I commute 70 miles a day to work so need it working right!

Cheers
Ian

ibiza cupra
best thing would be to get it on a computer mate. the ecu will have a log of the problem and will tell you whats wrong. then you know how to go about things.

Clio 172 ph2
Cheers, might buy the code reader thats about £50?

Its been read once about a month ago and found it to be the pedal, hence it was changed. Now problem is back so there is another issue.

Its the most unreliable car i've owned! Apart from my old Landrover that is!