ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 6.8k at auction

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well cups are common like but putting that aside I was a little shocked that it fetched so much.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Is this the ph1 that was for sale on facebook a while ago with one bucket seat in ? Looks like the prices are on the up for a decent 172

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Is this the ph1 that was for sale on facebook a while ago with one bucket seat in ? Looks like the prices are on the up for a decent 172

Pretty sure it was. Many non phase 1 parts fitted also from a phase 2. Bonkers but not complaining.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very tidy, clearly someone has bought it for the relatively low miles.
Problem is at over £7600 including fee's ain't no-one going to be making money on the car for a good long while.

People are expecting these to be the next 205 Gti, maybe in 10 years time they will be?

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
I believe they will 100% go the same way as 205 GTI’s, not a question of ‘if’ but ‘when’

but which ones??

Ph1. 172
Ph1. 172 Exclusive
Ph2. 172
Ph2. 172 Cup
Ph2. 182
Ph2. 182 Cup
Ph2. 182 Trophy

Also you've got some variances in the colour and spec to take into account, like the Lemon Yellow cars and the 182's with or without the Cup packs.
When you list it all out though you realise there's a lot of cars there which everyone is expecting to become the next big money classic.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
but which ones??

Ph1. 172
Ph1. 172 Exclusive
Ph2. 172
Ph2. 172 Cup
Ph2. 182
Ph2. 182 Cup
Ph2. 182 Trophy

Also you've got some variances in the colour and spec to take into account, like the Lemon Yellow cars and the 182's with or without the Cup packs.

There’s certainly a few more varieties than the 205 but I think they will all start to creep upward in value as more and more are scrapped/tracked/written off. I know we are still a few years away from it happening to 182’s but there’ll be some people that have an RS Clio tucked away that will be seeing £ Signs in the longer term.

And of the ones you’ve mentioned, like anything, those that originally had a better spec or reputation like the 182 Trophy or 172 Cup will command more IMO

I looked over this car, pissed me off that the bumper was falling off it.
Then realising it'd been used on track in a previous life and returned to standard lol....

Grabbed some pics
*waits for flickr upload*

47425708902_5302c6bca4_c.jpg

32536702957_3a033778d1_c.jpg

46755311394_36e8c0a785_c.jpg

47478683861_22f3d185a1_c.jpg

PH1 bumpers never fit right but jesus... atleast get that right if you're putting it in an auction with an estimate of 7k haha.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
What was the condition like putting that aside?

P.s all my bumpers line up perfectly. Takes time and patience.

Condition of those headlights reflects the condition of the rest of the car, from what I could see.
Steering wheel was amazing, probably re-trimmed though. Ive never seen a mint OE one so I don't actually know what they look without half of it stuck to your hand.

Condition of those headlights reflects the condition of the rest of the car, from what I could see.
Steering wheel was amazing, probably re-trimmed though. Ive never seen a mint OE one so I don't actually know what they look without half of it stuck to your hand.
The headlights look brand new, like straight out of the box to me, so I'd guess they are. The steering wheel is original and does look mint, but that's not to say it hasn't been off & stored and another put on at some point etc (like mine)