ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Philips AMBX lighting system

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i really don't get it, it goes dakr when its scary and stuff like that? weird

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I played with it a bit in a store once.. I don't see the point, the constantly changing backlight would f**k me off

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i really don't get it, it goes dakr when its scary and stuff like that? weird

Tbh, that clip doesn't really do it justice as you're looking at the lights directly and thinking 'WTF?' Our Philips plasma telly has the Ambilight function on it and it really can add 'mood' to the room - especially with the lights off. As you're looking directly at the screen, the ambilight is off in your periphery and somehow adds to the image of what you're seeing.

The single biggest issue I have with it, is that it's noisy. When you get parts in films/TV progs that are quite quiet - you just hear a buzz from the lighting system that changes in frequency as the lighting changes. If you're some distance from the TV, its not so bad. But up close, it's a bit off putting.

I played with it a bit in a store once.. I don't see the point, the constantly changing backlight would f**k me off

That's only because it's can't flash quick enough to keep up with your constant firing... ;)

D.

Goes alongside speakers. They do a speaker kit aswell. Theres also another with rumble pad for under your wrists and also some fans to blow air at you.

Ordered my set of the ones above today. Will report back tomorrow :p