ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone Insurance

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Right so heres the long story. I lost my phone a couple of months ago. Claimed the insurance. Got the exact same phone (And paid the £30 for making the claim). Now two months later I have lost the new one. So I called O2, made the claim, but wouldnt be sent another HTC Touch Diamond, instead I had to pick a lower spec phone (I went for a Nokia N95).

But here is the interesting part. Some lovely girl found the first phone I lost, found me on Facebook (The phone had a lock and, as anyone with a WM phone will know, the unlock screen shows the owners name). So I got it back.

Now obiously I didnt bother ringing O2 and tell them I got the phone back as this happend a week or two after I made the claim and got a new one. I used it to test other ROMs ;D. But now I want to be able to use it (As I dont think I really want to use the Nokia N95).

So my question is. If I ring them and explain this, will they unblock the IMEI of the phone I first lost? I can see them saying "You'll have to send the replacement back" back as I've lost the replacement will they want the replacements replacement? Or will they think its fraud and get all over the top with me (Obviously thats not much of an issue, just a lot of hassle)

Its been such a pain in the arse losing it this time round as I'm going through the hassle of clearing for university. And I lost it just as I was ment to be waiting for a call. So that is also going to be a lot of hassle

SLK250 CDI
WOuld never use something like this for a number of reasons. Firstly because its illegal. Secondly because its a scam to get your IMEI number so they can then use that for other phones :dapprove:

IMEI-check is a reputable company that unlock HTC phones. It only SIM unlocks the phone to be used on different networks - if the IMEI of the phone is blacklisted, it will do nothing to help with that.