ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone sockets around the house

Fiat Panda 100hp
Strange issue, I moved my orange BB router behind the TV last night, in the hope that I could connect it to my xbox via cable. The router used to be behind my computer (which is the other side of the room).

I played xbox live last night and it was really laggy, so did a bandwidth speed test and it's running at 1.3megs, compared to the solid 8 meg from the other phone socket, so I've now moved it back again and using a massive enet cable.

I was hoping to avoid having to buy the wireless adapter for the xbox.

Anyone any advice on why this is?? Thought it's a little strange having different speeds from different sockets.

Thanks.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Shitty bell wire.

ALWAYS connect your modem/router to the MASTER socket.
I have a filtered masterplate on mine (£12) which makes things easier.

Its sometimes called an iPlate.

Yup as above. I live in a Victorian house and had problems with this till i had the house gutted and re wired etc. Solved the problem. Its just shitty wiring, as said, use the master socket.

Fiat Panda 100hp
is there a way to distinguish which is the master socket??

It is a very old mill made into apartments so could account for the crap wiring.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
IMG_1346-crop.jpg

172 Cup
is there a way to distinguish which is the master socket??

It is a very old mill made into apartments so could account for the crap wiring.

It will have a BT logo on it and a horizontal grove about a third of the way down.

bt_master_socket_2.jpg

Da

Less
The master socket will generally have BT on it and be closest to the point of entry for the line.

If you really can't tell take the fronts off and have a look.

Last edited: