ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photo Effects Question

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
HI,

I know the answer is probably quite simple, but I really like the effect on the cover of the book on the link below

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0755316193/?tag=cliospnet01-21

(The background being black and white, but the shirt being red.)

I have seen several pics on this site where people have taken pics of their cars and its all back and white except for the euro badge on the number plate.

How do you do this effect!!

Thanks

1.2 Dynamique billabong
easy mate, first off you need photoshop.

duplicate a colour version of the image so you have it on two layers, make the top layer black and white (ctrl, shift, U) and then using the eraser tool or the polygonal lasso draw around the shirt and it will reveal the colour version from the layer below

VX220 Turbo
or a more accurate way rather than using the lassoo tool is to create a path around the item then use a layer mask to "paint back in " the bit you want red

also it's not quite black and white for the main colour so you will have to use a tool such as
tools > Layers> adjustment> hue & saturation then click colourise

Revels Mum & Sister
When you say a path how do you do that?

I have been looking for a more precise way to do this

VX220 Turbo
yeah use the tool that looks like a fountain pen. you can draw straight lines and curves etc with that then on the same box as layers is a paths tab. click that, then "make selection" you can then use the selection to paint the area.

Skoda
Desaturate the picture then just paint back in the bits you want in colour using the history brush... I find it much quicker than *****ing around making selections... Just make sure you zoom right in to be accurate...

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
OMG can't believe i've never seen the amazifier before!

Lols I actually know someone called John Tait.